UEFA Champions League statistics
• Anderlecht's matchday four defeat of FC Zenit St Petersburg was their first in ten group stage games, since Vincent Kompany earned a 1-0 victory at Real Betis Balompié on 6 December 2005 to end a record run of 12 group stage losses.
• It also marked Anderlecht's first group stage success at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium in almost nine years, since Hannu Tihinen scored the only goal against Olympique Lyonnais on 25 November 2003.
• Goalkeeper Silvio Proto is the only player to have featured in all 720 minutes of Anderlecht's campaign. Bram Nuytinck, Lucas Biglia and Guillaume Gillet have played all 360 minutes in the group stage.
• Anderlecht have scored 48 UEFA Champions League goals, group stage to final.
• Marcin Wasilewski is available after serving a one-game ban on matchday four.
• Six Anderlecht players were on senior duty during the international break: Gillet (Belgium), Roland Juhász (Hungary), Wasilewski (Poland), Behrang Safari (Sweden), Cheikhou Kouyaté (Senegal) and Sacha Kljestan (United States).
• On Sunday Dieudonné Mbokani scored for the third successive game to give Anderlecht a fifth straight win in all competitions as KV Kortrijk were defeated 1-0.
• Anderlecht won 6-1 against Club Brugge KV on 11 November. Maxime Lestienne's effort for the visitors was the first home league goal John van den Brom's side had conceded in 375 minutes.
• Milan Jovanović and Biglia converted penalties against Club Brugge, ending a run of five spot-kick failures for Anderlecht this season.
• Tom De Sutter registered his maiden Eerste Klasse hat-trick in Anderlecht's 4-1 win at KV Mechelen on 3 November, taking his tally to five goals in two games, having struck twice in the 5-0 victory over KAA Gent on 30 October – his previous five league goals came over the course of 37 outings.
• Kouyaté was also on target against Mechelen, his first league goal in 47 matches since the final day of 2010/11.
• Matías Suárez, Belgian Player of the Year last season, is not in Anderlecht's UEFA Champions League squad after being ruled out until late 2012 following knee surgery.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Milan have scored 396 goals in the European Cup.
• At 19 years and 342 days, Stephan El Shaarawy became Milan's youngest UEFA Champions League goalscorer when he struck against Zenit on matchday two.
• Daniele Bonera, Riccardo Montolivo and Philippe Mexès will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• Six Milan players were on senior duty during the international break: El Shaarawy, Montolivo (Italy), Nigel de Jong, Urby Emanuelson (Netherlands), Mario Yepes, Cristián Zapata (Colombia).
• El Shaarawy, who made his competitive debut for Italy last month, scored his first international goal in the Azzurri's 2-1 friendly defeat by France on 14 November.
• El Shaarawy struck twice on Saturday as Milan recovered from 2-0 down to draw for the second Serie A away game running, this time at SSC Napoli. He has scored 15 goals in 19 games for club and country, marking his 20th birthday with the only goal as the Rossoneri beat his former club Genoa CFC on 27 October.
• Milan have lost six of their first 13 Serie A games, their worst start since suffering seven defeats from 13 in 1941/42.
• Ignazio Abate (thigh) has not played since matchday four, while Bonera is out with a similar injury.
• The Rossoneri lost 3-1 against ACF Fiorentina on 11 November, their fourth defeat in seven league games at San Siro this term. They only suffered two home reverses in Serie A in each of the two previous campaigns.
• Giampaolo Pazzini ended a run of 12 games without a goal as Milan beat AC Chievo Verona 5-1 on 3 November.
• Pato missed the first two months of the season with a thigh injury sustained while on international duty in August.
• Filippo Inzaghi retired in the summer and took over the Allievi Nazionali youth side.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.