UEFA Champions League statistics
• Galatasaray's 3-1 triumph at CFR 1907 Cluj ended a run of nine games without an away win in the UEFA Champions League proper, having lost eight and drawn one since beating FC Lokomotiv Moskva 2-0 on 18 September 2002.
• Burak Yılmaz became only the second Turkish player to score a UEFA Champions League hat-trick on matchday four, following Tuncay Şanlı in Fenerbahçe SK's 3-0 victory at home to United on 8 December 2004.
• Burak has this season become the first Turkish player to represent four different clubs in the UEFA Champions League. He had previously featured for Beşiktaş JK, Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor AŞ.
• Galatasaray's next European Cup win will be their 50th; they have conceded 195 goals.
• Fernando Muslera, Dany Nounkeu and Selçuk İnan have played every minute of Galatasaray's group stage campaign.
• Felipe Melo is available after serving a suspension having collected yellow cards in each of the first three games.
• Eight Galatasaray players were on senior duty during the international break: Burak, Emre Çolak, Hamit Altıntop, Selçuk, Semih Kaya, Umut Bulut (Turkey), Nordin Amrabat (Morocco) and Muslera (Uruguay).
• Emre made his senior Turkey debut in the 1-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying defeat by Romania on 12 October.
• Galatasaray's seven-game unbeaten run in all competition ended on Friday with a 3-1 defeat at Kardemir Karabükspor.
• Umut Bulut (11) and Burak (11) have scored 22 of Galatasaray's 34 goals in all competitions this season.
• Engin Baytar came on as a substitute on Friday after completing an 11-match domestic suspension following his red card in August's 3-2 Super Cup victory against Fenerbahçe.
• Johan Elmander was expected to miss the rest of the group stage after suffering a right thigh tear on matchday three, but returned as a half-time replacement at Karabükspor.
• Galatasaray went five matches without a victory in September/October, their worst run since March/April 2011.
• Tomáš Ujfaluši is not in the UEFA Champions League squad after suffering knee ligament damage in training in September.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Sir Alex Ferguson's side have scored in each of their last 20 games in UEFA competition, since a goalless draw at Olympique de Marseille in the 2010/11 round of 16.
• United's 3-2 victory against SC Braga on matchday three was only the second time they had come from two behind to win a UEFA Champions League game. The first was a 3-2 triumph over Juventus in the 1998/99 semi-finals.
• This is United's 17th successive UEFA Champions League group stage campaign.
• Ryan Giggs has scored in a record 16 different UEFA Champions League seasons. He is also the competition's oldest scorer, at 37 years and 289 days.
• David de Gea is the only player to have featured in every minute of United's group stage campaign.
• Seven United players were on senior international duty last week: Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley (England), Ángelo Henríquez (Chile), Darren Fletcher (Scotland), Robbie Brady (Republic of Ireland) and Patrice Evra (France). Wayne Rooney was out with an ankle injury.
• Welbeck scored his fifth goal for England – from as many shots on target – in a 4-2 friendly defeat in Sweden at the new Friends Arena.
• Henríquez, who is yet to make his debut for United and is not in their UEFA Champions League squad, marked his first appearance for Chile with a goal in a 3-1 defeat by Serbia.
• Joshua King scored his first international goal in Norway's 3-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying win in Cyprus on 16 October.
• United's five-match winning run on their travels in the Premier League ended on Saturday as they lost 1-0 at Norwich City FC, allowing Manchester City FC to claim top spot. Sir Alex's side had scored two goals or more in each of their previous 12 games.
• United have trailed in 11 of their 18 matches this season, but lost only four.
• Half-time substitute Javier Hernández scored twice as United recovered from 2-0 down to beat Aston Villa FC 3-2 on 10 November.
• United have failed to convert four of their six penalties this season, from Nani, Robin van Persie, Hernández and Rooney.
• Evra has two league goals this term, the first season in his career he has scored more than one top-flight goal.
• Shinji Kagawa has not featured since picking up a knee injury on matchday three. Nemanja Vidić has been unavailable since matchday one because of a knee injury.
• Rooney and Van Persie are in the running for the FIFA Ballon d'Or award, the winner of which will be announced on 7 January in Zurich. Sir Alex is nominated for the coaching prize.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.