UEFA Champions League statistics
• Matchday five brought LOSC a third win in their 16 away games in the UEFA Champions League proper, they have drawn four and lost nine. Their record at home is three wins from 15, with four defeats and eight draws.
• Florent Balmont has suffered 18 fouls; more than any other player.
• The French club have collected 17 yellow cards; the highest total in the competition.
• Djibril Sidibé is banned following his red card on matchday five while Benoît Pedretti is suspended after picking up three group stage bookings; Rio Mavuba and Lucas Digne will incur a suspension with their next cautions.
• Balmont was sent off on 25 November – LOSC's first red card this term – as they lost 1-0 at Olympique de Marseille.
• Ronny Rodelin's first goal for the club helped LOSC advance to the French League Cup semi-finals for the first time in their history on 28 November, winning 3-0 at SC Bastia.
• LOSC have won just three of their last 12 away games in all competitions.
• LOSC beat ten-man Valenciennes FC 2-1 on 27 October, the first game held 'indoors' in the French top flight's 80-year history. The roof at the Grand Stade Lille Métropole was closed due to adverse weather conditions.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Valencia have won just two of their last 11 UEFA Champions League matches on the road.
• Roberto Soldado's treble on matchday three made him only the 13th player to score more than one UEFA Champions League hat-trick, and the first Spaniard.
• Aly Cissokho and Tino Costa have played every minute of Valencia's group campaign.
• Antonio Barragán and Soldado serve suspensions on matchday six, Barragán for his red card against FC Bayern München and Soldado after picking up three yellow cards in the group stage.
• Appointed this summer, Mauricio Pellegrino parted company with Valencia on Saturday after a 5-2 defeat by Real Sociedad de Fútbol left them on 18 points after 14 Liga games – their worst start to a season since 1999/2000. On Monday, they appointed Ernesto Valverde until the end of the season; first-team delegate Salvador González 'Voro' will take charge of the team at LOSC.
• Jonas was sent off on 41 minutes while Soldado struck twice to take his tally to nine goals in 11 appearances.
• Pellegrino's side lost 4-0 at Málaga CF on 24 November, their heaviest defeat since April. The game marked Pablo Piatti's return after 11 weeks out, first with a broken arm and then adductor problems.
• Valencia are yet to win in seven games away from home in the Liga this season, the longest they have had to wait since a run of eight without a victory in the title-winning season of 2001/02.
• Salvador Ruiz, a 17-year-old left-back, made his debut as Valencia booked their place in the last 16 of the Copa del Rey on 28 November, a 3-1 home win sealing a 5-1 aggregate triumph over third-tier UE Llagostera. Juan Bernat, 19, scored his first goal for the club after Adil Rami had found the net with a shot from inside his own half.
• Cissokho has scored two Liga goals this season, already double what he managed in 143 league outings for FC Gueugnon, Vitória FC, FC Porto and Olympique Lyonnais.
• Sofiane Feghouli is expected to be on duty for Algeria at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in January and February.
• Éver Banega was ruled out from 19 February to 20 October after breaking his leg having left the handbrake off his car at a petrol station.
• Sergio Canales has not been included in Valencia's UEFA Champions League squad as he recovers from an anterior cruciate ligament problem sustained last season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.