UEFA Champions League statistics
• Matchday five ended a run of 20 successive European games in which Sir Alex Ferguson's side had scored, since a goalless draw at Olympique de Marseille in the 2010/11 round of 16.
• United's 3-2 victory against SC Braga on matchday three was only the second time they had come from two behind to win a UEFA Champions League game. The first was a 3-2 triumph over Juventus in the 1998/99 semi-finals.
• This is United's 17th successive UEFA Champions League group stage campaign.
• Ryan Giggs has scored in a record 16 UEFA Champions League seasons. He is also the competition's oldest scorer, at 37 years and 289 days.
• United twice came from behind to win 4-3 at Reading FC on Saturday, with all seven goals coming in the opening 34 minutes. Anderson scored the visitors' first, his first league goal in 14 months.
• United have trailed in 14 of their 22 matches this season, but lost only five.
• Darren Fletcher's first league goal in 13 months helped United to a 3-1 home win against Queens Park Rangers FC on 24 November.
• Four days later, Robin van Persie scored the fastest Premier League goal this season, after 33 seconds, as West Ham United FC were beaten 1-0 at Old Trafford.
• United have failed to convert four of their seven penalties this season, from Nani, Van Persie, Javier Hernández and Wayne Rooney.
• Shinji Kagawa has not featured since sustaining a knee injury on matchday three. Nemanja Vidić (also knee) has been unavailable since matchday one.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• CFR's 2-0 victory against SC Braga on matchday one was only the third time a Romanian side had won away from home in the UEFA Champions League group stage, following FC Steaua Bucureşti (4-1 at FC Dynamo Kyiv in 2006) and CFR (2-1 at AS Roma in 2008).
• CFR have committed 89 fouls, more than any other side.
• Mário Felgueiras, Ivo Pinto, Cadú and Camora have played every minute of CFR's group stage campaign.
• Rafael Bastos' next booking will incur a suspension.
• Diogo Valente struck his first league goal for the club as CFR drew 1-1 at CS Gaz Metan Mediaş on Saturday to give them 29 points from 18 games, ten fewer than at the same stage last term.
• Rui Pedro's seventh goal in six games inspired CFR to a 2-1 defeat of FC Universitatea Cluj on 24 November. He did not find the net at the weekend, however.
• An extra-time goal from Gabriel Mureşan sent hosts CFR into the last four of the Romanian Cup on 28 November at the expense of holders FC Dinamo Bucureşti, who had two players sent off in the 2-1 defeat.
• Ioan Andone parted company with the club after matchday three and Paulo Sérgio was unveiled as his successor on 30 October in a deal that runs until the end of the season.
• CFR claimed their biggest win this term in Paulo Sérgio's first game on 3 November, beating FC Braşov 5-0.
• CFR suffered three successive defeats in all competitions in October, their worst sequence since losing four in a row between November 2004 and April 2005.
• Ciprian Deac (knee ligaments), Adam Vass (broken foot), Bakary Sare (broken leg) and Ronny (ligaments) were left out of CFR's UEFA Champions League squad after picking up injuries in the opening month of the season. Deac (3 November) and Vass (16 November) have returned to action.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.