UEFA Champions League statistics
• Milan have scored 399 goals in the European Cup.
• At 19 years and 342 days, Stephan El Shaarawy became Milan's youngest UEFA Champions League goalscorer when he struck against Zenit on matchday two.
• Philippe Mexès serves a one-game ban after collecting his third yellow card of the group stage on matchday five; Daniele Bonera and Riccardo Montolivo will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• Kevin-Prince Boateng scored (56) before being sent off (90) as Milan came from behind to beat Calcio Catania 3-1 on Friday. The home side were down to ten men for the last 41 minutes.
• El Shaarawy struck twice, taking his tally to 18 goals in 21 games for club and country this season.
• Of the 31 goals Milan have scored this season in all competitions, 22 have come after half-time.
• Ignazio Abate (thigh) has not played since matchday four, while Bonera is out with a similar injury.
• A Robinho penalty earned Milan a 1-0 win against Serie A leaders Juventus on 25 November; Montolivo captained the side for the first time.
• The Rossoneri have lost four times in eight league games at San Siro this term. They only suffered two home reverses in each of the two previous Serie A campaigns.
• Milan lost six of their first 14 Serie A fixtures, their worst start since suffering seven defeats from 13 in 1941/42.
• El Shaarawy, who made his competitive debut for Italy last month, scored his first international goal in the Azzurri's 2-1 friendly defeat by France on 14 November.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Zenit have only won one of their 11 away games in the UEFA Champions League, qualifying included.
• Zenit's 1-0 success against RSC Anderlecht and FC Spartak Moskva's 2-1 triumph over SL Benfica made matchday three the first UEFA Champions League matchday on which two Russian clubs registered victories.
• Zenit's 3-0 loss at Málaga CF on matchday one equalled their heaviest away defeat in the competition.
• Vyacheslav Malafeev and Aleksandr Kerzhakov have played every minute of Zenit's group campaign.
• Vladimir Bystrov is banned after his matchday five red card; Bruno Alves, Aleksandr Anyukov, Viktor Fayzulin and Roman Shirokov will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• Axel Witsel's first two goals for Zenit helped them to a 4-2 win at FC Spartak Moskva on Friday, a game the hosts ended with nine men after Nicolas Pareja (69) and Juan Insaurralde (90+3) were dismissed.
• Fayzulin went off with a knock on 32 minutes on Friday.
• Shirokov was on target at Spartak, his eighth goal for club and country this season – all coming after half-time.
• Zenit drew 1-1 at home with PFC CSKA Moskva on 26 November in Danny's first game since taking over the captaincy from Malafeev.
• Zenit were handed a 3-0 forfeit defeat after their game at FC Dinamo Moskva on 17 November was abandoned after objects were thrown on to the pitch.
• Defeat by Anderlecht on matchday four ended Zenit's run of six straight victories in all competitions, their best sequence since winning ten in succession between April and July 2010.
• Luciano Spalletti does not expect Domenico Criscito to play again this year because of a knee injury sustained in the 2-1 win at FC Volga Nizhny Novgorod on 11 November.
• Zenit will host FC Kuban Krasnodar in the Russian Cup quarter-finals on 17 April.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.