UEFA Champions League statistics
• Manchester City FC's equaliser last time out was the 500th goal Madrid have conceded in all UEFA matches, scoring 947.
• The draw in Manchester was José Mourinho's 100th UEFA Champions League game as a coach, a tally surpassed only by Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsène Wenger and Carlo Ancelotti.
• The draw with Borussia Dortmund on matchday four ended Madrid's run of seven straight UEFA Champions League wins at the Santiago Bernabéu, stretching back to their 2-0 defeat by FC Barcelona in the 2010/11 semi-finals.
• That reverse also marked the last time the Merengues failed to score in the UEFA Champions League, a club record sequence of 18 matches in the European Champion Clubs' Cup.
• Iker Casillas, with 127 UEFA Champions League outings, group stage to final, is third on the all-time appearance list. Raúl González (142) leads the way, with Ryan Giggs (131) second.
• Madrid have had more attempts on target (59) than any other team in the group stage.
• Cristiano Ronaldo is the joint top scorer after five matches with five goals, along with Lionel Messi, Burak Yılmaz and Alan.
• Ronaldo has had 22 attempts on target, more than any other player. The Portuguese international has found the net 14 times in his last 12 UEFA Champions League appearances.
• Ángel Di María has had 11 shots off target, the highest total in the group stage.
• Casillas, Pepe, Xabi Alonso and Ronaldo have played every minute of Madrid's group stage campaign.
• Álvaro Arbeloa is banned following his matchday five dismissal; Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos are within a booking of a ban.
• Ronaldo ended a run of three games without a goal – his longest run without registering this season – by scoring with a free-kick as Los Merengues beat Club Atlético de Madrid 2-0 on Saturday. He has now scored 90 goals in 81 appearances for Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu.
• Mourinho notched his 400th career victory as Madrid won 3-0 against CD Alcoyano on 27 November, completing a 7-1 aggregate triumph in the Copa del Rey round of 32.
• Attacker Denis Cheryshev became the first Russian to appear for Madrid when he started against Alcoyano.
• On 13 November, Casillas, Ramos and Alonso received their awards as the Liga's 2011/12 best goalkeeper, defender and holding midfielder respectively, as voted for by the top-flight coaches.
• Madrid's 2-1 win at Levante UD on 11 November took the team's Liga goals tally under Mourinho to 250.
• The 4-0 defeat of Real Zaragoza on 3 November was Mourinho's 100th victory in charge of Madrid in his 133rd game, making the Portuguese the quickest coach to a century in the club's history.
• Ronaldo is on the three-man shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d'Or award along with Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta, the winner of which will be announced on 7 January in Zurich. Mourinho, Josep Guardiola and Vicente del Bosque are nominated for the prize of FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men's Football 2012.
• Marcelo has been out of action since breaking a metatarsal in training with Brazil on 13 October.
• Liga champions with a record 100 points and 121 goals last term, Madrid endured their worst start to a campaign for 11 years when they lost two and drew one of their first four games. They did beat Barcelona on away goals in the Spanish Super Cup, losing 3-2 away and winning 2-1 at home.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Ajax have scored 546 goals in UEFA competition.
• Niklas Moisander has completed 344 of his 410 attempted passes; only Xavi Hernández has managed more in the group stage.
• Ajax have attempted 3,094 passes; only Barcelona have made more in the group stage.
• Christian Eriksen has run 65,488m; more than any other player in the group stage.
• Kenneth Vermeer, Toby Alderweireld, Moisander, Daley Blind, Ricardo van Rhijn, Eriksen and Siem de Jong have played every minute of Ajax's group stage campaign.
• Blind's next yellow card will incur a suspension.
• Daniel Hoesen struck his third goal in four games as Ajax beat a PSV Eindhoven side that began the day top of the table 3-1 on Saturday.
• Ajax are eight away matches unbeaten in all competitions, since their matchday one defeat by Dortmund.
• Ryan Babel has not featured since dislocating his right shoulder in the 4-2 win at PEC Zwolle on 11 November. Thulani Serero (torn groin muscle, 23 September) and Kolbeinn Sigthórsson (shoulder, August) are long-term absentees.
• Frank de Boer's side will travel to FC Groningen for the last 16 of the Dutch Cup on 20 December.
• Vermeer (Netherlands) and Viktor Fischer (Denmark) made their international debuts on 14 November.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.