UEFA has issued its UEFA Champions League revenue distribution system for the forthcoming campaign. The estimated gross commercial revenue from the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Super Cup is €1.34bn.
Of that estimated gross commercial revenue, €55m will be allocated exclusively to the play-off rounds, as was the case in the 2009–12 cycle: each of the 20 clubs participating in the play-offs will collect a fixed amount of €2.1m.
Furthermore, as decided by the UEFA Executive Committee at its meeting of 30 June 2012 on the recommendation of the Club Competitions Committee, a contribution of €40m will be made from the UEFA Champions League club share to the UEFA Europa League club share. In addition, €3m from the club share will be designated to subsidise the solidarity amounts for sides eliminated in the qualifying phase of the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
Some 75% of the total revenue from media rights and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the clubs, while the remaining 25% will be reserved for European football and remain with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs and solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
A total of 82% of any revenue received from the same stream in excess of €530m will be allocated to the clubs, with the other 18% allotted to European football and remaining with UEFA for the purposes listed above.
The net amount available to the participating clubs will be split – €500.7m in fixed payments and €409.6m in variable amounts (market pool). This will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League (group stage onwards), and will be split among those sides competing from a given association.
The 32 clubs featuring in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage can anticipate a minimum €8.6m – and the team that goes on to win the trophy next spring could collect €37.4m, not counting the market pool share.
Each of the 32 sides involved in the group stage will collect a base fee of €8.6m. Performance bonuses will also see €1m paid for a win and €500,000 for a draw in the group phase.
The teams competing in the round of 16 can also expect to pick up €3.5m each, the quarter-finalists €3.9m and the semi-finalists €4.9m. The UEFA Champions League winners will receive €10.5m and the runners-up €6.5m.
Meanwhile, the winners of the 2012 UEFA Super Cup will earn €3m and the runners-up €2.2m.
Under the solidarity distribution system, every domestic champion club that fails to reach the UEFA Champions League group stage will be entitled to €200,000. In addition, each club that plays in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League will receive €140,000 provided they do not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage.
Likewise, every team performing in the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League will earn €140,000 provided they do not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage, while each side eliminated in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League will get €140,000.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.