UEFA Champions League statistics
• Galatasaray have scored 345 goals in UEFA competition, conceding 349.
• Burak Yılmaz became the second Turkish player to score a UEFA Champions League hat-trick on matchday four, following Tuncay Şanlı in Fenerbahçe SK's 3-0 victory at home to Manchester United FC on 8 December 2004.
• Burak's eight goals this season is the best ever return in this competition for a player representing a Turkish club; Mário Jardel scored six for Galatasaray in 2001/02.
• Galatasaray have scored 11 goals this season, the lowest total among the quarter-finalists. Their 12 goals against is the highest of the teams still involved.
• Fernando Muslera, Dany Nounkeu and Selçuk İnan have played all 810 minutes of Galatasaray's campaign.
• Galatasaray have committed 135 fouls, more than any other side. Their 23 yellow cards is the joint highest total of the teams in the last eight along with FC Bayern München.
• Nounkeu and Burak are banned after yellow cards in Madrid; Didier Drogba, Felipe Melo, Nordin Amrabat, Selçuk and Albert Riera will incur suspensions with their next bookings.
• Selçuk and Riera were suspended as Galatasaray recovered from 1-0 down against bottom side Mersin İdman Yurdu on Saturday to win 3-1, despite Nounkeu's 30th-minute dismissal.
• Drogba scored five minutes into his Galatasaray debut on 15 February but had gone eight games without a goal before registering twice on Saturday.
• Felipe Melo equalised against Mersin, his first goal since last May.
• Johan Elmander was on the bench after a foot injury that has kept him out since the start of February.
• Umut Bulut (15) and Burak (26) have scored 41 of Galatasaray's 73 goals in all competitions this season.
• Before the first leg Galatasaray had not lost by a three-goal margin in 87 matches, since April 2011.
• Midfielder Felipe Melo saved a penalty in the win at Elazığspor on 24 November after Muslera was sent off with all Galatasaray's substitutes already made.
• Engin Baytar served an 11-game domestic ban after his red card in August's 3-2 Super Cup victory over Fenerbahçe.
• Tomáš Ujfaluši is not in the UEFA Champions League squad because of a knee injury, but has resumed training.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Cristiano Ronaldo is the top scorer after nine matches with nine goals. The Portuguese international has found the net 18 times in his last 16 UEFA Champions League appearances.
• Ronaldo, who has played every minute of Madrid's campaign, has had 45 attempts on target and 17 wide, both more than any other player. Madrid have had more shots on goal (114) than any other team.
• Madrid have scored 21 goals, the highest total of the quarter-finalists. The first leg was their first clean sheet in the competition this season.
• At 17 years and 353 days, José Rodríguez surpassed Raúl González as Madrid's youngest ever European Cup player on matchday six.
• Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos serve one-game suspensions having been cautioned in the first leg; Michael Essien is within a booking of a ban.
• Mesut Özil had gone 23 games without a goal for club and country before scoring two in the last three minutes of Saturday's 5-1 victory over Levante UD.
• Madrid are 12 matches unbeaten in all competitions, winning ten.
• Ronaldo has scored 46 goals in as many games for Madrid this season.
• Iker Casillas has been out since breaking his left thumb on 23 January but was an unused substitute on Saturday.
• Madrid's eight defeats this season were all by a one-goal margin. They have not lost by three clear goals since 29 November 2010 when they went down 5-0 away to FC Barcelona in the Liga.
• Madrid have scored 121 goals in 49 games this season, including the Spanish Super Cup. They managed 174 in 58 outings last term.
• Madrid will meet Club Atlético de Madrid in the Copa del Rey final at the Santiago Bernabéu on 17 May. It will be the fifth Madrid derby final and first since Atlético prevailed 2-0 in 1992.
• Ramos has been sent off 16 times in Madrid colours; more than any other player in the club's history.
• Madrid are 39 games unbeaten at the Bernabéu, since a 2-1 cup defeat by Barcelona on 18 January 2012.
• Ronaldo has scored 107 goals in 95 appearances for Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu.
• Raphaël Varane made his international debut in France's 3-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying win at home to Georgia on 22 March. He and Karim Benzema came up against club-mates Álvaro Arbeloa, Ramos and Alonso four days later, Spain winning 1-0.
• Captain Ramos marked his 100th cap with a goal as Spain were held 1-1 at home by Finland on 22 March.
• Fábio Coentrão scored an injury-time equaliser to earn Portugal a 3-3 draw away to Israel on 22 March.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.