UEFA.com looks forward to the penultimate games with FC Bayern München seeking two more records and positive omens for FC Zenit and Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
Group E (FC Steaua Bucureşti v FC Schalke 04, FC Basel 1893 v Chelsea FC)
• Steaua's lone victory against German opponents came in the second leg of the 1957/58 European Champion Clubs' Cup first round, the Romanians beating Borussia Dortmund 3-1. They had lost the away leg 4-2 and went down 3-1 in the replay on neutral ground in Bologna. It was the first of 14 games, spanning almost 56 years, against Bundesliga sides in which they have failed to win.
• Basel succumbed 2-1 at home to Chelsea in last season's UEFA Europa League semi-finals. Overall they have lost four of their ten home fixtures against English opposition, with three wins and three draws.
Group F (Arsenal FC v Olympique de Marseille, Borussia Dortmund v SSC Napoli)
• Arsenal got the better of Marseille in the 2011/12 group stage, prevailing 1-0 away through Aaron Ramsey's late strike with the London return ending goalless. The Gunners therefore beat OM to first place in the section, finishing one point ahead.
• Dortmund, who are in their seventh UEFA Champions League campaign, did not overcome Italian opponents until their eighth fixture and have lost their last two home matches against Serie A visitors.
Group G (FC Porto v FK Austria Wien, FC Zenit v Club Atlético de Madrid)
• Porto have never failed to win at least one of their home games in a UEFA Champions League group stage. Even if they succeed against Austria, they are already guaranteed their lowest return from three home fixtures at this 32-team stage of the competition.
• Luciano Spalletti's Zenit are unbeaten in eight home matches in Europe, dating back to a 3-2 defeat by AC Milan in October last year, but are still seeking a first victory at the Stadion Petrovski in Group G after draws with Austria and Porto.
Group H (Celtic FC v AC Milan, AFC Ajax v FC Barcelona)
• Celtic have eight victories from their last 11 European fixtures in Glasgow. Including the qualifying rounds, they have won four of five games at Celtic Park this season, the only blip being the 1-0 reverse against Barcelona on matchday two. Overall Celtic have a superb home record in the UEFA Champions League group stage, which reads W16 D5 L2.
• Ajax are striving to end a run of nine straight defeats against Spanish clubs. In each of the past three campaigns they lost home and away to Real Madrid CF in the group stage – suffering a trio of heavy home reverses (1-4 in 2012/13, 0-3 in 2011/12 and 0-4 in 2010/11).
Group A (Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United FC, FC Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad de Fútbol)
• Leverkusen have posted eight consecutive home wins in the UEFA Champions League group stage, including their 2011/12 and 2004/05 campaigns. They came from behind to beat their last English visitors, Chelsea, 2-1 in the 2011/12 group stage.
• Shakhtar are pursuing their first home success in five matches in the UEFA Champions League – they have gone four games without a victory at the Donbass Arena.
Group B (Real Madrid CF v Galatasaray AŞ, Juventus v FC København)
• Cristiano Ronaldo, who struck a hat-trick against Galatasaray on matchday one, has scored in all four group outings and has eight goals for the season, equalling the record for a UEFA Champions League group phase.
• In three visits to Italy, København have lost each time, conceding six goals and scoring just one. Their only Italian scalp in seven attempts, home and away, came in the Danish capital against SS Lazio – FCK winning the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round first leg 2-1. They went down 4-1 in the return.
Group C (RSC Anderlecht v SL Benfica, Paris Saint-Germain v Olympiacos FC)
• Anderlecht have a solid home record against Portuguese visitors. Apart from their statistics against Benfica – they have shipped one goal in four fixtures – their five other home games have yielded four wins and a draw, with no goals against.
• Paris are unbeaten in all eight matches against opponents from Greece, winning seven and drawing one, and Vladimír Weiss's matchday one strike was the first time their defences had been breached. Olympiacos, however, have won their last two games in France.
Group D (PFC CSKA Moskva v FC Bayern München, Manchester City FC v FC Viktoria Plzeň)
• Bayern can establish a UEFA Champions League record of ten straight victories by beating CSKA, having equalled FC Barcelona's 2002/03 feat of nine in a row when defeating Plzeň last time out. Josep Guardiola's reigning champions will also match a club record for successive away wins in Europe if they prevail having won five on the bounce on their travels – one short of the record set by their 1995/96 UEFA Cup-winning team.
• Plzeň have never visited England while City have lost just one of their last 22 UEFA competition fixtures in Manchester. The 5-2 matchday four triumph over CSKA was the first time they have scored five goals in a European Cup game. Plzeň are on a four-match losing streak in Group D, the worst sequence in their European history.