Group A: Manchester United FC v FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Real Sociedad de Fútbol v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
• Having beaten both Leverkusen and La Real at Old Trafford, United are seeking a hat-trick of home wins in the UEFA Champions League group stage for the first time since 2007/08.
• Leverkusen are visiting Spain for the first time since losing 7-1 at FC Barcelona in the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League round of 16. It was their heaviest European defeat and completed a 10-2 aggregate reverse for Robin Dutt's side.
• Madrid have scored 18 goals in their first five games; Manchester United (1998/99) and Barcelona (2011/12) hold the record for goals scored in a UEFA Champions League group stage with 20.
Group C: SL Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain, Olympiacos FC v RSC Anderlecht
• Benfica have won both their previous home games against Paris, 2-1 in the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League round of 16 and 3-1 in the 2006/07 UEFA Cup round of 16.
• Olympiacos and Anderlecht played a friendly in Piraeus on 7 August, the home side winning 1-0 thank to a Dimitris Siovas goal.
Group D: FC Bayern München v Manchester City FC, FC Viktoria Plzeň v PFC CSKA Moskva
• Bayern have won 14 of their last 16 home UEFA Champions League fixtures in Munich, most recently a 5-0 success against Plzeň on matchday three.
• Plzeň are looking to prolong their European campaign into the new year for the third season running. Pavel Vrba's men have lost both home games so far in Group D without scoring a goal but had won ten of their preceding 11 home fixtures in UEFA competition, including three in a row in this season's qualifying rounds. Before defeats at Bayern (0-3) and City (2-5), CSKA were on a run of just two losses in 11 away outings in UEFA competition.
Group E: Chelsea FC v FC Steaua Bucureşti, FC Schalke 04 v FC Basel 1893
• Steaua have not won for 22 games in the UEFA Champions League proper, since a 4-1 success at FC Dynamo Kyiv on 13 September 2006. Steaua's failure to beat Schalke on matchday five equalled the longest UEFA Champions League run without a victory, set by FC Spartak Moskva between 5 December 2000 and 22 November 2006.
• The last time Basel travelled to face German opposition they suffered a 7-0 reverse against Bayern in the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg. It was their biggest defeat in UEFA competition, belying a 1-0 home success.
Group F: SSC Napoli v Arsenal FC, Olympique de Marseille v Borussia Dortmund
• In four of Arsenal's last seven visits to Italy they have come out on top, with only two defeats in that time. In 28 games against Italian clubs their record is W14 D8 L6 (W5 D4 L5 away).
• Dortmund and Marseille met on matchday six in the 2011/12 competition, the French team coming from two goals down to win 3-2 in Germany and reach the round of 16 at their opponents' expense.
Group G: FC Porto v Club Atlético de Madrid, FK Austria Wien v FC Zenit
• It was on Spanish soil that Porto's UEFA Champions League hopes evaporated last term with a 2-0 defeat at Málaga CF in the round of 16 that confirmed a 2-1 aggregate loss.
• Austria have suffered three losses in a row at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in European competition – against GNK Dinamo Zagreb in the play-offs as well as Porto and Atlético in Group G. A fourth defeat against Zenit would extend what is already a club record run. Zenit have won three of their four away matches so far in this term's competition.
Group H: AC Milan v AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona v Celtic FC
• Ajax coach Frank de Boer oversaw a victory at San Siro in his first match at the helm of the Amsterdam club in December 2010, at the end of another UEFA Champions League group stage campaign.
• Celtic are hoping to avoid a fourth successive European away defeat this term after losses at FC Shakhter Karagandy in the play-offs and Milan and Ajax in Group H. They failed to score in all three of those games.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.