Chelsea FC (1) v Paris Saint-Germain (3)
• Chelsea have conceded in only one of their five home matches against French teams but Paris have scored 14 goals in four away games in this season's competition and have won six of their last 11 UEFA Champions League away fixtures, losing just two.
• The Blues have won seven of the 12 UEFA competition ties in which they have had a first-leg deficit to retrieve at Stamford Bridge. They ousted SSC Napoli 4-1 after extra time in the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg – having lost 3-1 away – en route to lifting the trophy, though that was their sole successful attempt to overhaul a first-leg away defeat by a two-goal margin or more. On the only other occasion they lost 3-1 away from home, AS Monaco FC earned a 2-2 draw in London in the 2003/04 UEFA Champions League semis.
Borussia Dortmund (0) v Real Madrid CF (3)
• Madrid's 3-0 win in the first leg at the Santiago Bernabéu means they could even afford a repeat of last year's 4-1 defeat at Dortmund in the semi-final first leg and still progress. Cristiano Ronaldo's first-leg goal took his personal tally to 14, matching the record for a European Cup season jointly held by José Altafini (1962/63) and Lionel Messi (2011/12).
• Madrid have scored in all 22 UEFA Champions League away fixtures since going down 1-0 at Olympique Lyonnais in the 2009/10 round of 16, a tie they lost 2-1 on aggregate. Madrid have suffered just four defeats – three of them in Germany – in their last 22 European away games.
Club Atlético de Madrid (1) v FC Barcelona (1)
• Atlético have not beaten Barcelona at home since February 2010 when Diego Forlán and Simão secured a 2-1 success. Barcelona are undefeated in five visits since and last won at the Vicente Calderón in a Liga match last May, when Alexis Sánchez and a late Gabi own goal clinched a 2-1 victory after Radamel Falcao had netted for Atleti.
• Atlético are bidding for a first European Cup semi-final since 1974 and have won 16 of their last 17 home games in UEFA competition, including four in a row this term. The only blip was a 2-0 reverse to FC Rubin Kazan in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 in February 2013.
FC Bayern München (1) v Manchester United FC (1)
• The holders had their seven-match run of away victories in Europe ended by the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford – the first time they had failed to win the first leg of a European tie since a 1-0 loss at FC Basel 1893 in the 2011/12 round of 16. On that occasion, they ran away with the return 7-0.
• Bayern have failed to win any of their last four fixtures against English sides in Munich but have won all but two of the 18 UEFA ties in which they drew away from home in the first leg, including all 11 in which they drew away 1-1 first time out. United have won five and lost six of the 11 UEFA ties in which they have drawn at home in the first leg and have won three and lost two when the score has been 1-1 in that first game – most recently, and perhaps famously, in the 1999 UEFA Champions League semi-final against Juventus, when they triumphed 3-2 away and went on to beat Bayern in Barcelona.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.