|Attempts on target||44||35|
|Attempts off target||44||38|
White Hart Lane gets its first taste of the UEFA Champions League group stage when Tottenham Hotspur FC host Dutch titleholders FC Twente on Matchday 2.
• Tottenham last staged a European Champion Clubs' Cup game in April 1962 – a semi-final against eventual winners, SL Benfica – and end that long wait with a first meeting against a Twente side who have never beaten English opposition in nine previous attempts.
• Both teams opened with creditable 2-2 draws on Matchday 1, Twente holding champions FC Internazionale Milano in Enschede and Tottenham drawing at SV Werder Bremen – although they had been 2-0 up.
• Tottenham are unbeaten in their last five European home outings, including the 4-0 play-off second-leg victory against BSC Young Boys that earned their group stage berth.
• Their most recent home reverse against continental opposition came against PSV Eindhoven in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup round of 16. Spurs lost 1-0, their second successive home blank against visitors from the Netherlands. Although they won the return by the same score, they were eliminated on penalties.
• The Premier League club's overall home record against Dutch sides is W2 D3 L1.
• In their only previous foray into Europe's elite competition, Tottenham faced Feyenoord in the 1961/62 European Cup first round. Although they won 4-2 on aggregate, their 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane was the only one of their four home games they failed to win in that campaign.
• Spurs contested the 1973/74 UEFA Cup final against Feyenoord when a 2-2 home draw was followed by a 2-0 defeat in Rotterdam.
• Twente's record in England is one draw and four defeats from five games.
• Their most recent visit brought a 3-2 defeat at Manchester City FC in the UEFA Cup group stage in November 2008. Sander Boschker, Theo Janssen and Wout Brama are the only survivors from that team.
• Twente's only previous trip to London came earlier that season when they lost 4-0 at Tottenham's neighbours Arsenal FC in a UEFA Champions League third qualifying round tie to complete a 6-0 aggregate defeat. William Gallas, now a Tottenham player, scored in both games for Arsenal.
• Twente's record on their travels in Europe last term, first in a UEFA Champions League play-off then the UEFA Europa League, was W1 D3 L2.
• As manager of West Ham United FC, Harry Redknapp oversaw 1-0 home and away wins against SC Heerenveen in the 1999 UEFA Intertoto Cup.
• In his goalkeeping days, Twente coach Michel Preud'homme conceded four goals for R. Standard de Liège in a 4-0 UEFA Cup first round defeat at Manchester City FC in 1978/79. He was in the Belgium team beaten 1-0 by England in the last 16 of the 1990 FIFA World Cup.
• Rafael van der Vaart played for AFC Ajax from 1999 to 2005, winning two Eredivisie titles. He was a team-mate of Boschker during the Twente goalkeeper's one season at Ajax in 2003/04 and later in the Netherlands' 2010 World Cup squad.
• Van der Vaart played alongside Janssen and Denny Landzaat for the Netherlands in a 2006 friendly against the Republic of Ireland.
• Landzaat was at Wigan Athletic FC from 2006 to 2008, appearing in a 3-3 home draw with Spurs in April 2007 and a 4-0 away defeat in November that year.
• Heurelho Gomes won four straight Eredivisie titles at PSV from 2004 to 2008.
• The injured Jermain Defoe put a hat-trick past Bulgaria's Nikolay Mihaylov in England's 4-0 UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying win at Wembley on 3 September. Mihaylov became a Liverpool FC player in 2007 but joined Twente on loan and made the move permanent this year.
• Giovani Dos Santos scored for Mexico in a 3-0 World Cup qualifying win away to Bryan Ruiz's Costa Rica in September 2009.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.