|Attempts on target||15||36|
|Attempts off target||37||44|
Trabzonspor AŞ face unfamiliar opponents in LOSC Lille Métropole for their first home game in the UEFA Champions League group stage in what will be the teams' maiden meeting.
• The Turkish team are the surprise early leaders of Group B having marked their debut in the competition with a 1-0 victory at 2010 winners FC Internazionale Milano on matchday one. French champions Lille also looked on course for three points as they took a 2-0 lead at home to PFC CSKA Moskva but the Russian side rallied in the last 20 minutes to rescue a draw.
• Trabzonspor's last home game against Ligue 1 opponents ended in a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Toulouse FC in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League play-offs. A 1-0 second-leg win in France was not enough to keep the Turkish team in the competition.
• They had more joy in the 1991/92 UEFA Cup second round against Olympique Lyonnais, winning 4-3 away and 4-1 at home.
• Lille have previously faced Turkish opponents just once, coming out on top against Fenerbahçe SK in the 2009/10 UEFA Cup round of 32 thanks to a 2-1 win at home and 1-1 away draw.
• Trabzonspor lost in the UEFA Champions League second qualifying round in 2005/06 having gone out in the third qualifying round the previous season. In a total of four home games in the competition since 2004/05, including this season's third qualifying round, they have won two games, lost one and drew the other.
• Between 1976/77 and 1984/85 five of their six European Champion Clubs' Cup campaigns ended in the first round after they had reached the second round in their first tilt at the competition.
• In 11 European Cup home games Trabzonspor have won seven and lost two, scoring 14 goals and conceding eight.
• Last season's Turkish Super League runners-up were given a place in the group stage after the Turkish Football Association (TFF) withdrew Fenerbahçe from the competition. Trabzonspor had earlier gone out in the third qualifying round to SL Benfica, losing 2-0 away before a 1-1 home draw in which Adrian Mierzejewski was shown a red card.
• Lille's fourth participation in Europe's elite club competition followed last season's league and cup double in France. They last took part in the group stage in 2006/07 when they reached the round of 16, losing both legs to Manchester United FC 1-0.
• Their last group stage away game resulted in a 2-0 victory against AC Milan with Peter Odemwingie and Kader Keïta on the scoresheet, a result that secured a place in the knockout rounds for the first time. It was the Dogues' first away victory in nine attempts in the group stage; five of the previous eight fixtures had been lost.
• Róbert Vittek was at Lille from 2008 to 2010, scoring seven goals in 38 Ligue 1 appearances.
• Ireneusz Jeleń and Ludovic Obraniak are team-mates with Adrian Mierzejewski, Arkadiusz Glowacki and the Brożek twins in the Poland national team.
• Didier Zokora played for AS Saint-Étienne in 2004/05 and 2005/06, losing five of the six games he played against Lille and drawing the other.
• Joe Cole faced Trabzonspor twice last season with Liverpool FC in the UEFA Europa League play-offs. The English club won 3-1 on aggregate, Cole missing a first-leg penalty at Anfield.
• Jeleń and Mierzejewski played together at Wisła Płock from 2003 to 2006.
• Vahid Halilhodžić has coached both sides, leading Lille in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League in what was the last of his four seasons at the French club. He spent the 2005/06 campaign in charge of Trabzonspor.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.