|Attempts on target||32||36|
|Attempts off target||38||44|
|D||Real Madrid||20:45||Dinamo Zagreb|
After taking four points from two games against Trabzonspor AŞ, PFC CSKA Moskva are firmly in contention for one of the two qualifying places in Group B and on matchday five will be looking to carry on where they left off against LOSC Lille Métropole.
• On 14 September, in the first ever meeting between the teams, CSKA found themselves two goals down in northern France with Moussa Sow and Benoît Pedretti scoring in a 13-minute spell just before the hour mark. The Army Men then rallied to earn a point as Seydou Doumbia struck twice in the final 18 minutes.
• CSKA found themselves in the same predicament two weeks later when FC Internazionale Milano led 2-0 in Moscow. Again the Russian side fought back to restore parity but the 2010 winners had the last word this time to register a 3-2 victory.
• A 3-0 matchday three defeat of Trabzonspor secured a first win in the campaign for the 2005 UEFA Cup winners with Doumbia again on target twice, either side of a goal from Aleksandrs Cauņa. A 0-0 draw in the away game in Turkey then lifted CSKA to five points, keeping them level on points with Trabzonspor and four behind Inter.
• Lille drew 1-1 away in Turkey on matchday two with Sow again giving his team the lead. The French champions then slipped to two defeats against Inter, going down 1-0 at home and 2-1 in Milan, Túlio De Melo's late goal in the latter fixture not enough to prevent another loss that left Lille three points adrift at the bottom of the section on two points.
• CSKA lost their last home game against French opposition, going down 2-1 against Olympique de Marseille in the 2005/06 UEFA Cup group stage. In the same competition the previous season they beat AJ Auxerre 4-0 at home in the quarter-final to set up a 4-2 aggregate success en route to lifting the trophy. In the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League group stage CSKA were 2-0 winners against Paris Saint-Germain FC.
• Before this season Lille had faced a Russian team only once, beating FC Zenit St Petersburg 2-1 at home in the 2004/05 UEFA Cup group stage.
• In 12 away games at this level (excluding qualifying ties) Lille have managed just one victory, at AC Milan in 2006/07. Of the other 11 games, seven have resulted in defeat with four draws.
• Chidi Odiah and Vincent Enyeama have played together for the Nigerian national side.
• Tomáš Necid and David Rozehnal have played together for the Czech Republic.
• Necid scored the Czech Republic's first goal in a 2-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying win against Poland on 10 October 2009 in Prague five minutes after coming on at half-time. Ludovic Obraniak was on the opposing side.
• Marko Baša was at FC Lokomotiv Moskva between 2008 and 2011, recording a win, a draw and two losses in four matches against CSKA.
• Joe Cole came on as a second-half substitute in Chelsea FC's 2-0 home defeat of CSKA on 20 October 2004.
• Ireneusz Jeleń scored the decisive goal as Auxerre beat Zenit 2-1 on aggregate in last season's UEFA Champions League play-offs.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.