|D||Real Madrid||Man. City|
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Shakhtar have gone four UEFA Champions League games without a win at the Donbass Arena, losing two and drawing two since their 3-0 round of 16 triumph over AS Roma on 8 March 2011.
• Shakhtar have scored 245 goals in UEFA competition.
• Nine Shakhtar players were on senior duty during the international break: Andriy Pyatov, Yaroslav Rakitskiy, Vyacheslav Shevchuk, Marko Dević (Ukraine), Tomáš Hübschman (Czech Republic), Darijo Srna, Eduardo (Croatia), Henrik Mkhitaryan (Armenia) and Răzvan Raţ (Romania).
• Hübschman won his 50th cap in the Czech Republic's 1-0 friendly defeat by Finland last Tuesday.
• Serhiy Kryvtsov captained the Ukraine side that lost 2-1 to Sweden on 10 September as they missed out on a place in the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs.
Anton Kanibolotskiy (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk)
Marko Dević (FC Metalist Kharkiv)
Artem Fedetskiy (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk)
Yevhen Seleznyov (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk)
Olexandr Chyzhov (FC Illychivets Mariupil, loan)
Olexandr Rybka (released)
Yuriy Virt (retired)
• Shakhtar beat FC Zorya Luhansk 3-0 on Saturday, their 19th successive top-flight victory – a Ukrainian Premier League record.
• During the international break Mircea Lucescu took the squad to his native Romania for two friendlies, a 3-0 victory over FC Petrolul Ploieşti on 7 September and a 1-1 draw with FC Rapid Bucureşti 48 hours later.
• Mkhitaryan has already scored more league goals this season than in any of his previous three campaigns in Ukraine, matching his 2011/12 mark of ten inside six games. He now has 12 in nine league outings this term.
• Luiz Adriano and Douglas Costa were on target as 2011/12 double winners Shakhtar defeated city rivals FC Metalurh Donetsk 2-0 in the Ukrainian Super Cup on 10 July.
• Shakhtar signed 24-year-old striker Maicon Oliveira, last season's 14-goal joint highest Premier League scorer, from FC Volyn Lutsk and loaned him to Zorya.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• This is Nordsjælland's first game in the European Cup.
• Nordsjælland are one of three clubs making their debut in the group stage this season, along with Montpellier Hérault SC and Málaga CF.
• None of the Nordsjælland squad have played in the UEFA Champions League before.
• Two Nordsjælland players were on senior international duty last week: Nikolaj Stokholm and Michael Parkhurst.
• Stokholm was an unused substitute for Denmark's 0-0 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying draw with the Czech Republic while Parkhurst was in the United States team beaten 2-1 in Jamaica on 7 September. Parkhurst was on the bench four days later as the US avenged that defeat with a 1-0 victory.
• Mark Gundelach, Andreas Laudrup, Anders Christiansen (Denmark) and Mario Tičinović (Croatia) were all in U21 action. Laudrup scored in the 3-0 win against Northern Ireland on 10 September that sealed a UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off spot.
Morten Nordstrand (FC København)
Thomas Villadsen (FC Ceahlăul Piatra Neamţ)
Anders Christiansen (Lyngby BK)
Joshua John (FC Twente, loan)
Kamal Issah (Stade Rennais FC)
Andreas Granskov (R. Mouscron-Péruwelz)
Andreas Bjelland (FC Twente)
Rune Pedersen (Akademisk Boldklub)
Tobias Mikkelsen (SpVgg Greuther Fürth)
Nichlas Rohde (Breidablik)
Jacob Egeris (Viborg FF)
• Nordsjælland are ten home games unbeaten, since a 2-1 reverse by Brøndby IF on 18 March.
• At this stage last season, Kasper Hjulmand's team were nine points adrift of København.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.