|H||CFR Cluj||Man. United|
SC Braga will look to complete a hat-trick of victories in Turkey when they visit Galatasaray AŞ in their second UEFA Champions League Group H fixture.
• The Portuguese side have triumphed on both their previous visits to the country but they can expect a tough challenge at the Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi. Both clubs are looking to respond positively to opening defeats, Galatasaray having gone down 1-0 at Manchester United FC and Braga beaten 2-0 at home by CFR 1907 Cluj.
• Galatasaray enter the game on a run of one defeat in their last nine European home fixtures, although José Peseiro's Braga are on a six-match unbeaten sequence on their travels in Europe.
• Braga's run includes a 1-1 draw at Udinese Calcio in this season's UEFA Champions League play-offs and a 1-0 victory at Beşiktaş JK in the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League round of 32. Lima hit Braga's winning goal in Istanbul though it was not enough to overturn a 2-0 first-leg home defeat in which Hélder Barbosa was sent off.
• Braga's other victory in Turkey was a 2-0 success at Sivasspor in the 2008 UEFA Intertoto Cup. Paulo César is the only survivor of a match featuring goals from Roland Linz and Moisés.
• This is only Galatasaray's second encounter with Portuguese opposition after a UEFA Cup group stage visit to SL Benfica in 2008/09, when Emre Aşık and Ümit Karan struck in a 2-0 victory. Sabri Sarıoğlu, Hakan Balta and Milan Baroš all played, with Quim in Benfica's goal.
• Including a victory over Liverpool FC, Galatasaray took four points at home in their last UEFA Champions League group stage campaign in 2006/07 while Braga recorded one win – at FK Partizan – and lost twice on their travels in their one previous appearance in the competition.
• Fatih Terim oversaw a 2-0 UEFA EURO 2008 group stage defeat by Portugal as coach of a Turkey team that included Hakan Balta, Sabri and Hamit Altıntop.
• Braga's assistant coach Fernando Couto scored in Portugal's 1-0 victory over Turkey in the EURO '96 group stage and also played in a 2-0 success in the countries' UEFA EURO 2000 quarter-final meeting. Quim was on the bench for the latter game.
• Baroš made his 93rd and final Czech Republic appearance in the 1-0 UEFA EURO 2012 quarter-final defeat by a Portugal team that included substitute Custódio.
• Albert Riera scored past Quim as his RCD Espanyol side beat Benfica 3-2 in Spain – and by the same score on aggregate – in the 2006/07 UEFA Cup quarter-finals.
• Hamit visited Braga with FC Bayern München for a 1-1 draw in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup group stage. In that season's first round he faced Ruben Amorim's CF Os Belenenses, scoring the second goal in a 2-0 win in Lisbon.
• Last season Amorim featured in Benfica's 2-0 home win against Trabzonspor AŞ in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, and later for Braga against Beşiktaş.
• Emmanuel Eboué was in the Arsenal FC team that overwhelmed Braga 6-0 in their first UEFA Champions League group stage game in September 2010. Hugo Viana, Paulo César, Alan, Hélder Barbosa and Mossoró played for Braga that night. Eboué, who also appeared in Arsenal's 2-0 reverse in the return fixture, scored in the London club's 6-2 aggregate success against FC Porto in the 2009/10 round of 16.
• With former clubs Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe and Trabzonspor, Burak Yılmaz has faced Portuguese opponents five times previously and – with four defeats and one draw – is still seeking a first victory.
• Viana cancelled out Johan Elmander's opening strike when a Portugal side also including Custódio beat Sweden 3-2 in an Olympic play-off game at the 2004 UEFA European Under-21 Championship finals. Elmander had scored twice in Sweden's 3-1 group stage win against the Portuguese.
• Viana's Newcastle United FC side beat Elmander's NAC Breda 6-0 on aggregate in the 2003/04 UEFA Cup first round.
• Umut Bulut scored twice in Turkey's 3-1 friendly win away to a Portugal team that included substitute Custódio in June.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.