• Salzburg coach Adi Hütter says this is a "defining moment" for his team
• TheAustrian outfit are on a four-game winning streak
• Malmö, seven points clear at the Swedish summit, are five matches unbeaten
• The Swedish champions overcame AC Sparta Praha to reach the play-offs
• Åge Hareide says that all the pressure is on opponents Salzburg
Salzburg: Gulácsi; Schwegler, Schiemer, Ramalho, Ulmer; Kampl, Leitgeb, Ilsanker, Mané; Soriano, Sabitzer.
• Out: Valon Berisha (knee), Isaac Vorsah (knee), Asger Sørensen (ankle)
• Doubtful: Martin Hinteregger (hamstring), Alan (wrist)
Malmö: Olsen; Tinnerholm, Helander, Johansson, Ricardinho; Kroon, Halsti, Forsberg; Adu; Thelin, Rosenberg.
• Out: Matias Concha (thigh), Simon Thern (leg)
Adi Hütter, Salzburg coach
There is a healthy tension in the squad ahead of this match – we are looking forward to it. We are focused, concentrated. We have started very well in the championship and we want to get a good result against Malmö.
Anticipation before a match is inevitable and maybe there is a bit more before this particular encounter.
Playing in the UEFA Champions league would mean a lot to me as a coach, but also for the team and the club as well. This is a big deal. We've already made our first step against Qarabağ [in the third qualifying round] and now comes the defining moment. In the upcoming 180 minutes we can prove that we deserve to be in the group stage, but it will not be easy.
We have observed Malmö and we know what to expect. They are a typical Scandinavian outfit, very tactically organised. They use a 4-4-2 system and are dangerous in attack with prolific scorers [Emil] Forsberg and [Markus] Rosenberg. They are keen on getting the ball as soon as possible; we will try to counter that and to control the match.
©Martin Grahn Media & Productions
The Swedish champions ousted Sparta
Åge Hareide, Malmö coach
We have a lot of players with international experience, but Salzburg have even more. I hope we can give a good account of ourselves regardless. I expect Salzburg will play a high pressing game, they play aggressively, and that means there will be some space for us to exploit. We have to be wary of mistakes in our own half, though.
Obviously we are the underdogs, and that suits us. I hope we can convert this into a positive result. I'd be happy if we scored one goal. We have played a lot of matches and usually we score. We will create chances and we must take them. We certainly have people who can.
We have to remember that there is still the return leg in Sweden. We have incredible fans in Malmo and they can be the deciding factor. Sparta were taken aback by them and I've yet to see better support in Scandinavia. We are under no pressure; Salzburg, on the other hand, are under a lot of pressure.
FC Admira Wacker Mödling 0-3 Salzburg (Bruno 24, Schwegler 50, Sabitzer 74)
Gefle IF 0-0 Malmö
Form guide (all competitions)
• How did Salzburg fare when they took on Swedish opponents for the first time in last season's UEFA Europa League group stage? Find out in our extensive match background.