• A late goal in Austria gave Malmö FF a lifeline as the play-off first leg ended 2-1 to FC Salzburg
• Malmö boss Åge Hareide says Salzburg "have a witch hanging above their heads"
• His opposite number Adi Hütter will take an attacking approach in Sweden despite Salzburg's lead
• Nine games unbeaten at home, the hosts have three key players "out to injuries"
• Salzburg are waiting on the fitness of defender Martin Hinteregger
Malmö: Olsen; Tinnerholm, Johansson, Helander, Konate; Eriksson, Halsti, Adu, Forsberg; Thelin, Rosenberg.
• Out: Guillermo Molins (knee), Ricardinho (knee), Simon Thern (leg)
• Doubtful: Simon Kroon (illness)
Salzburg: Gulacsi; Schwegler, André Ramalho, Hinteregger, Ankersen; Kampl, Ilsanker, Leitgeb, Bruno; Sabitzer, Soriano.
• Out: Sadio Mané (unavailable), Franz Schiemer (thigh), Andreas Ulmer (shoulder), Rodnei (groin), Isaac Vorsah (knee), Valon Berisha (knee)
• Doubtful: Martin Hinteregger (thigh)
Åge Hareide, Malmö coach
This is a very special game – this is the biggest competition in the world. I have lived a long life and for me, personally, this does not mean that much, but for the players it is huge as they have their entire lives in front of them. It is important for Swedish football too. It is important that the players prepare as normal and don't get too excited.
Salzburg are favourites, but they have a witch hanging above their heads [a curse] and it has been there for seven years [Salzburg have been knocked out in qualifying in six of the last eight UEFA Champions League seasons]. Hopefully it will continue to haunt them. I think they will think about that a lot. As long as the score is 0-0 we have a great opportunity.
We have lost our captain and top scorer [Molins], Simon Thern and now Ricardinho. It is important not to focus on that. We cannot do anything about that and I'm sure the guys that come in will do great. One thing that stands out with this team is that the players evolve, they grow into new tasks and pick things up quickly.
Adi Hütter, Salzburg coach
[Åge Hareide may say] it will be a fiasco for Salzburg if we do not go through, that's his opinion. Of course we will do our best to qualify. Our main priority is that we play well and qualify. We have two different alternatives in defence, depending on if Martin Hinteregger plays.
Our playing style is well known. We are an offensive team, and we will not be playing defensively. We will try and have a lot of possession. We know that 0-0 will be enough, but we will try and score. We will try and score from the beginning. We expect the stadium to be like a vortex because of the great support from the home fans.
Malmö 3-0 IFK Norrköping (Forsberg 65, Thelin 67, Helander 86)
Salzburg 5-0 SCR Altach (Soriano 12pen, Bruno 16, Alan 38 77, Lazaro 90+4)
Form guide (all competitions)
• How many European matches is it since Malmö conceded a goal at home? Find out in our extensive match background.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.