Bayer 04 Leverkusen will look to book a ninth UEFA Champions League group stage campaign as they welcome FC København to Germany in their play-off decider leading 3-2.
• Leverkusen trailed 2-1 after 13 minutes of the first leg but came back to claim a narrow victory as Karim Bellarabi and Son Heung-Min added to Stefan Kiessling's opener. Goals from Mathias Jørgensen and Daniel Amartey had briefly turned the tie in the Lions' favour.
• Following the first leg, Leverkusen's record in four games against Danish clubs is W2 D1 L1 (W1 D1 L0 at home – W1 D0 L1 in Denmark).
• FCK's record in nine matches against German sides was W0 D3 L6 (W0 D0 L5 at home – W0 D3 L1 in Germany).
• Of the two sides who merged to form FCK in 1992, Kjøbenhavns BK took FC Schalke 04 to a replay in the 1959 European Champion Clubs' Cup preliminary round, the Gelsenkirchen side prevailing 3-1 in Enschede after a 3-0 away loss and a 5-2 home win. Meanwhile, B1903 København's four meetings with German sides ended W1 D0 L3, with that lone victory a sensational 6-2 against FC Bayern München in the 1991/92 UEFA Cup.
• FCK have featured in the UEFA Champions League group stage three times, and are hoping to do so for the first time in successive seasons in 2014/15. Leverkusen have made it to the group stage on eight occasions.
Links and trivia
• Leverkusen midfielder Lars Bender and FCK striker Marvin Pourie were team-mates at German second division side TSV 1860 München for much of 2009. They played just one match together, though Pourie also came on for Bender in a German Cup game against Hamburger SV.
• FCK coach Ståle Solbakken took on Leverkusen twice in his time as 1. FC Köln coach, from 2011–12. His side won 4-1 in Leverkusen but lost 2-0 in Cologne, Lars Bender scoring both goals in that game.
• FCK attacking midfielder Nicolai Jørgensen played for Leverkusen from 2010–12, but failed to score in ten appearances for the club – and an additional five while on loan at 1. FC Kaiserslautern – joining FCK after a successful loan spell in the summer of 2012.
• FCK's Swedish defender Per Nilsson played alongside Leverkusen's Philipp Wollscheid (1. FC Nürnberg, 2010–12) and Josip Drmić (1. FC Nürnberg, 2013–14) during his seven-year spell in Germany. His eight games against Leverkusen with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and Nürnberg ended W1 D1 L6.
• This season's UEFA Champions league final will be staged at Berlin's Olympiastadion on 6 June, with Leverkusen one of four German sides with a chance to play in the decider on home soil.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.