Stade de Lyon
UEFA capacity: 58,000
Tenants: Olympique Lyonnais
Due to open: 2015/16 season
• Located in the commune of Decines-Charpieu, 10km east of central Lyon, the stadium will form part of a complex stretched over 50 hectares and featuring a training ground for OL as well as hotels and office buildings.
• Constructed under the project name Grand Stade OL, the finished venue will consist of three tiers.
• "A dream will come true for all the people of Lyon," said Lyon's mayor Gérard Collomb as club president Jean-Michel Aulas laid the foundation stone in November 2013.
• The arena will replace the Stade de Gerland, Lyon's home since 1950 and among seven venues for the 1984 UEFA European Championship, hosting Denmark's 5-0 group-stage win against Yugoslavia and their semi-final loss on penalties to Spain.
• The Stade de Gerland was also a venue for the 1998 FIFA World Cup, staging Croatia's 3-0 quarter-final victory over Germany.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.