UEFA capacity: 67,000
Tenants: Olympique de Marseille
Opened: June 1937
• Famously open to the elements in the past, the renovated stadium now features a roof. The estimated €267m makeover was carried out with the team still playing matches there, and was completed in September 2014.
• As its name suggests, Stade Vélodrome possessed a cycling track when it first opened in 1937, though the new venue's opening ceremony was capped by a football match between Marseille and Italian side Torino FC.
• The stadium has also hosted sports as varied as athletics, rugby, boxing, tennis, hockey and even motorsports, though its days as an all-purpose arena ended when the cycling track was finally removed in 1985.
• Stade Vélodrome staged matches at the 1938 and 1998 FIFA World Cups, with its capacity increased to 60,000 for the latter tournament; it also hosted games at the 1960 and 1984 UEFA European Championships.
• Located in the south of the city, on the north bank of the Huveaune river, the Vélodrome has regularly been used as a concert venue since the 1980s and has also hosted political rallies.
UEFA EURO 2016 matches
11/06/16, 21.00: B1 v B2
15/06/16, 21.00: FRA v A3
18/06/16, 18.00: F2 v F4
21/06/16, 18.00: C2 v C3
30/06/16, 21.00: W37 v W39
07/07/16, 21.00: W47 v W48
All kick-off times CET.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.