UEFA capacity: 41,500
Record attendance: 47,747
Tenants: AS Saint-Étienne
Opened: September 1931
• Known affectionately as Le Chaudron (the Cauldron) due to its reputation for atmosphere, the stadium is named after the founder of the Casino retail chain, under whose auspices St-Étienne originally came into being.
• Situated to the north of the city centre, the ground was built on old mine tunnels and next to a steel factory, and in the early days fumes from the plant's chimneys were known to drift across the pitch.
• The stadium originally incorporated an athletics track, though this was removed in 1956 ahead of rebuilding work that moved supporters closer to the action.
• The venue hosted matches at the 1984 UEFA European Championship, 1998 FIFA World Cup and 2007 Rugby World Cup, undergoing renovation work in the run-up to each tournament.
• Famed in the past for an 'English-style' design due to its four separate stands, the ground will boost capacity ahead of UEFA EURO 2016 by closing its corners.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.