Stadium de Toulouse
UEFA capacity: 33,000
Record attendance: 39,450
Tenants: Toulouse FC
• Situated on an island in the heart of Toulouse, the stadium was built specifically for the 1938 FIFA World Cup and was soon labelled 'mini Wembley' because of its resemblance to the iconic London venue.
• The biggest ground in the Midi-Pyrenees region, the Stadium Municipal underwent considerable renovations in 1949 and 1997, the latter work coming ahead of the 1998 World Cup when it hosted six matches.
• The arena has witnessed many of Toulouse's finest moments, including a UEFA Cup first round victory against SSC Napoli in October 1986, when Diego Maradona fired against the post during the penalty shootout.
• The stadium was damaged and required extensive repair efforts after a nearby chemical plant suffered a major explosion in 2001.
• In addition to football, the ground regularly holds rugby matches, and was a venue for the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.