Stade de France
UEFA capacity: 80,000
Tenants: France national team
Opened: January 1998
• Constructed ahead of the 1998 FIFA World Cup, the Stade de France has hosted major events in football, rugby, athletics, motorsport and concerts from artists ranging from André Rieu to AC/DC.
• The venue features movable seating, which can be retracted to uncover part of the athletics track, while the elliptical roof was designed to protect spectators while leaving the pitch uncovered.
• It has the unique distinction of having hosted World Cup finals for football (France 3-0 Brazil, 1998) and rugby (South Africa 15-6 England, 2007).
• The arena has staged two UEFA Champions League finals, Real Madrid CF's 3-0 win against Valencia CF in 2000 and FC Barcelona's 2-1 triumph over Arsenal FC six years later.
• U2 held three dates of their U2 360° Tour at the Stade de France in 2009 and 2010, attracting an aggregate attendance of 283,084.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.