Neighbours Sweden and Finland meet for the first time in the UEFA European Championship with past results having gone very much against the visitors in this UEFA EURO 2012 Group E contest.
• Sweden have dominated in the 83 previous games between the two sides with a record of W63 D11 L9.
• Sweden have won all three of their competitive home games against Finland, and their overall record at home to their opponents reads W34 D5 L2.
• Finland's only two wins in Sweden were a 1-0 success in Jonkoping on 1 February 2001 and a 3-0 victory in Stockholm on 29 May 1921.
• Finland lost 5-2 against Sweden in Helsinki in 22 October 1911 in their first international game.
• Sweden's biggest win over Finland was a 10-1 rout in a friendly in Helsinki on 15 August 1954. At home they beat their neighbours 7-0 on 24 August 1947 and 8-1 on 2 October 1949.
• The sides last met in a competitive fixture in 1992 FIFA World Cup qualifying. Klas Ingesson's goal gave Sweden a 1-0 victory in Helsinki on 9 September 1992, and they won the return fixture 3-2 with Martin Dahlin striking twice either side of a Henrik Larsson goal. Tero Suominen and Jari Litmanen scored for Finland.
• Current Finland coach Mixu Paatelainen featured in those games as a player.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.