As his side prepare to defend a 2-0 play-off lead in Podgorica on Tuesday, Czech Republic coach Michal Bílek believes his side only need to score to take a chance that "should not be missed" to qualify for UEFA EURO 2012 at the expense of a Montenegro side, whose forward Stevan Jovetić insists the tie is "far from over".
The visitors have the upper hand in their UEFA EURO 2012 play-off second leg Václav Pilař's powerful strike and Tomáš Sivok's last-gasp header earned the Czech Republic a two-goal advantage to take to Montenegro. However, in order for Bílek to breathe more easily he has called upon his charges to score one more goal.
"If we score once, Montenegro must get four, which will be very, very difficult," said Bílek. "We are expecting a difficult game, in front of a passionate crowd and we must be prepared for that. We know that we have only played the first half, but it is a good result so far and this chance should not be missed.
"In the first match we kept the ball and, at the same time, denied their very talented individuals by defending well. They only had a few chances at the beginning of the second half, but we had Petr Čech at his best. They will be dangerous at home, but I am convinced that we will play at same level on Tuesday."
Stevan Jovetić, meanwhile, is convinced the home side can turn the tie on its head after a disappointing first-leg display that has not caused his side to give up hope of a first finals appearance. Having recorded group stage victories against Wales, Bulgaria and Switzerland, by 1-0 scorelines, Montenegro need to go one better and score at least twice to get back into the tie, as they did against England, when they rallied from two goals down to salvage a 2-2 draw.
"If we can score twice against England, we can score twice against the Czechs too," said Jovetić. "We didn't show anything in the first leg – our performance was well below our best level – so I am sure that we will be much better at home. We haven't lost hope."
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.