• Spain are seeking to become the first country to retain the European title and win a third successive major tournament. Can Italy, orchestrated by Andrea Pirlo, stop them?
• Read all the latest news and views from Kyiv and beyond ahead of tonight's UEFA EURO 2012 final in our rolling blog.
• Cesare Prandelli is a great admirer of Spain's style but insists his side cannot afford to be cowed by their final rivals. "We mustn't fear them," he said. "We're here on merit."
• Vicente del Bosque could become only the second coach to win a FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championship – Franz Beckenbauer and Uli Hoeness say he will be in stellar company.
• Seven of the 159 players to have savoured glory in a UEFA European Championship final, including Marco van Basten and Luis Suárez, recall the moment they got theirs.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.