|D||Georgia||Republic of Ireland|
The UEFA European Championship is bringing Luxembourg and Belarus together once more, with their opening UEFA EURO 2016 Group C game their seventh encounter in the competition.
• Luxembourg's record in their six previous games against Belarus is W1 D2 L3 (W0 D2 L1 at home – W1 D0 L2 in Belarus). They are meeting for a third successive UEFA European Championship, having been pooled together in UEFA EURO 2008 and UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
• The sides first met in EURO '96 qualifying. On 12 October 1994, Sergei Borovski's Belarus beat Paul Philipp's Luxembourg 2-0 in Minsk, Miroslav Romaschenko (67) and Sergei Gerasimets (76) the scorers. The return fixture in Luxembourg on 11 October 1995 ended goalless.
• In UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying, Yuri Puntus's Belarus beat Guy Hellers' Luxembourg 2-1 at the Stade Josy Barthel on 24 March 2007, Timofei Kalachev (4) and Vitali Kutuzov (54) scoring before Chris Sagramola (68) pulled one back for the home side. On 13 October 2007, however, Hellers' side secured a rare away win, Alphonse Leweck's header five minutes into added time handing Bernd Stange's Belarus a 1-0 defeat – and earning Luxembourg a first competitive victory in 12 years.
• Under Luc Holtz, Luxembourg held Stange's Belarus to a 0-0 draw at home in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying on 8 October 2010 with Belarus's Sergei Kornilenko sent off on 69 minutes. On as a half-time substitute, Kornilenko made amends with the 48th-minute opener from the penalty spot in the corresponding fixture in Belarus on 7 June 2011, Anton Putilo (73) completing a 2-0 win.
• Luxembourg's record in three UEFA age-group competition games against Belarus is W0 D1 L2, with the nations to meet in UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying on 15 October 2014.
• In the only encounters between the nation's clubs in UEFA competition, FC Dinamo Minsk beat CS Hobscheid 6-0 at home in the first round of the 2001 UEFA Intertoto Cup, drawing the return fixture 1-1.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.