|D||Georgia||Republic of Ireland|
Having achieved a notable first by reaching the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals, Bosnia and Herzegovina embark on another adventure in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying, meeting Cyprus for the first time in Group B.
• These nations have never met in a senior international.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina have taken on Cyprus in three UEFA age-group games, with the record W1 D0 L2. Most recently, the nations were drawn together in 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying.
• On 11 October 2011, the Bosnians beat Cyprus 5-1 in Zenica, Edin Višća's penalty (12) and strikes from Nemanja Bilbija (18) and Goran Zakarić (25) combining with an own goal from Marios Antoniades (41) to put the home side 4-0 up by the break. Andreas Pittaras (56) replied with another penalty before Miroslav Stevanović (68) completed the scoring.
• Stevanović (47) put his side in front in the return fixture in Cyprus on 12 November 2011, but a strike from Nestor Mytidis (66) and a Slavko Brekalo own goal (89) earned Cyprus a 2-1 win.
• The nations' clubs have met in six European games, with the Bosnian sides' record W5 D1 L0 (W3 D0 L0 at home – W2 D1 L0 away).
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.