|Attempts on target||60||56|
|Attempts off target||48||53|
|Attempts against woodwork||1||0|
|D||Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Russia|
|C||Faroe Islands||Northern Ireland|
|B||Slovakia||Republic of Ireland|
Hungary have secured some substantial victories in Helsinki in years gone by but they will travel to face UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group E rivals Finland still looking for a first competitive win in their opponents' capital.
• Finland's record in 11 games against Hungary reads W1 D2 L8 (W1 D1 L4 at home).
• The nations first met in a friendly in Helsinki on 13 July 1922, when the visitors emerged 5-1 winners. That set the tone for the next half a century of friendly fixtures, with Hungary beating Finland 3-1 (1923) and 8-0 (1951) in Budapest, and registering 3-0 (1943), 6-1 (1952) and 9-1 (1955) successes in Helsinki.
• In terms of competitive encounters, however, the sides have been much more evenly matched. Indeed, Finland beat Hungary 2-1 when they first met in formal circumstances, taking the points in a 20 September 1978 UEFA European Championship qualifier in Helsinki.
• Hungary won the return encounter 3-1 and then prevailed 1-0 at home when the teams met again in 1998 FIFA World Cup qualifying. They were nonetheless held to a 1-1 draw in the corresponding fixture in Helsinki on 11 October 1997, Vilmos Sebők replying in added time after Antti Sumiala had put the hosts ahead.
• The section rivals also contested a draw when they last crossed paths, playing out a goalless stalemate in Budapest on 25 April 2001.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.