|Attempts on target||56||83|
|Attempts off target||53||61|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||2|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|B||Republic of Ireland||FYROM|
The leading pair in Group E meet in their first UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier of the new year, with the home side eager to end a miserable run of results against the Oranje.
• Hungary's record in 13 games against the Netherlands reads W5 D2 L6 (W2 D1 L2 in Hungary) with their first meeting, a 6-2 friendly win for the home side, taking place in Budapest on 8 June 1930.
• Recent results between the two nations have gone overwhelmingly in the Oranje's favour – they are on a five-match winning streak against Hungary, stretching back over 25 years since a 2-1 home defeat in a Rotterdam FIFA World Cup qualifier on 17 October 1984.
• The sides' two latest meetings have been particularly dispiriting for Hungary, who lost 7-1 in a friendly in Eindhoven on 1 June 1994 and 6-1 in a pre-World Cup warm-up fixture on 5 June 2010.
• PSV Eindhoven's Hungarian forward Balász Dzsudzsák opened the scoring for the visitors in that latter game, but two Arjen Robben goals and one apiece from Robin van Persie, Wesley Sneijder, Mark van Bommel and Eljero Elia ensured an afternoon to forget for Hungary goalkeeper Márton Fülöp.
• Hungary were coached by a Dutchman, Erwin Koeman, in that fixture, the former international having overseen their 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.
• Béla Illés put Hungary ahead in the sides' previous friendly encounter in 1994, but once more the Dutch struck back with force; Dennis Bergkamp (2), Bryan Roy, Ronald Koeman, Gaston Taument and Frank Rijkaard (2) scored the goals.
• They last met in the UEFA European Championship in qualifying for the 1988 competition, which the Netherlands went on to win; the Oranje prevailed 1-0 in Budapest and then 2-0 at home.
• Hungary have won both of their UEFA EURO 2012 home qualifiers to date, but the Netherlands have won all four of their Group E games, including two away from home in which they did not concede a goal.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.