|Attempts on target||43||57|
|Attempts off target||32||63|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||0|
|D||Romania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||FYROM||Republic of Ireland|
Romania are looking to avenge their 2-1 loss in Bosnia and Herzegovina on 26 March and shoot up the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group D table.
• When these sides met in Zenica, Ciprian Marica gave Romania a half-time lead but Vedad Ibišević levelled just past the hour and Edin Džeko won it with seven minutes left.
• Romania had won their two previous games against these opponents in UEFA EURO 2004 qualifying, prevailing 3-0 in Sarajevo and 2-0 in Craiova.
• Had Bosnia and Herzegovina won either of those matches they would have finished top of that group and reached their first final tournament rather than coming fourth, one point behind Romania.
• Three days after their March meeting, Romania secured their first group victory at the fifth attempt, 3-1 at home to Luxembourg. However, they remain fifth, two points behind fourth-placed Bosnia and Herzegovina, who have a game in hand on not just the Romanians but also the three teams above them – Albania, Belarus and leaders France, the latter two of whom also meet on Friday.
• Any doubt about this game taking place was removed on 28 May when UEFA and FIFA lifted their suspension on the Bosnia and Herzegovina Football Federation (NFSBiH).
• On 7 June, Bosnia and Herzegovina play their game in hand on Romania at home to Albania. Romania next play in Luxembourg on 2 September.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.