|Attempts on target||43||32|
|Attempts off target||32||34|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||1|
|B||Armenia||Republic of Ireland|
|D||Luxembourg||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Andorra|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||France|
Romania are hoping two fine results against Albania in their previous UEFA European Championship qualifying campaign will serve them in good stead when the Group D rivals take their first steps down the road to UEFA EURO 2012.
• Under-21 captain Gabriel Torje's inclusion in the senior squad for the first time is the most eye-catching feature of Răzvan Lucescu's squad. "It is an unbelievable honour for me," said Torje. "Now the most important thing is to keep my feet on the ground." FC Steaua Bucureşti goalkeeper Ciprian Tătăruşanu is also named after impressing in the UEFA Europa League. Captain Cristian Chivu is suspended and midfielder Tiberiu Ghioane is injured.
• Cristian Săpunaru, Mihai Răduţ and Cristian Tănase all withdrew from the squad because of aches and pains, with the 34-year-old Cosmin Contra, Costin Lazăr and Mihai Roman replacing them.
Goalkeepers: Bogdan Lobonţ (AS Roma), Costel Pantilimon (FC Timişoara) Ciprian Tătăruşanu (FC Steaua Bucureşti)
Defenders: Cristian Chivu (FC Internazionale Milano), Gabriel Tamaş (West Bromwich Albion FC), Cosmin Contra (FC Timişoara), Răzvan Raţ (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Ovidiu Dănănae (FC Universitatea Craiova), Vasile Maftei (FC Unirea Urziceni), Mihai Neşu (FC Utrecht)
Midfielders: George Florescu (FC Alania Vladikavkaz), Gabriel Mureşan (CFR 1907 Cluj), Mihai Roman (FC Rapid Bucureşti), Răzvan Cociş (Al-Nassr Sports), Mirel Rădoi (Al-Hilal Saudi Club), Gabriel Torje (FC Dinamo Bucureşti), Ciprian Deac (FC Schalke 04), Ovidiu Herea (FC Rapid Bucureşti), Costin Lazăr (FC Rapid Bucureşti)
Forwards: Marius Bilaşco (FC Unirea Urziceni), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Bogdan Stancu (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Daniel Niculae (AS Monaco FC)
• Coach Josip Kuže has recalled out-of-contract Albania captain Ervin Skela after the 33-year-old missed the 1-0 friendly win against Uzbekistan. "Skela is a very important player for our team," said Kuže of the midfielder, who most recently represented TuS Koblenz. "It's unfortunate he has not got a club." Centre-back Admir Teli is also in the reckoning, having last played for his country on 10 June 2009. "I am glad to be back," the 29-year-old said.
• Albania squad
Goalkeepers: Arjan Beqaj (Olimpiakos Nicosia FC) , Isli Hidi (KS Dinamo Tirana), Samir Ujkani (Novara Calcio)
Defenders: Andi Lila (SK Tirana), Armend Dallku (FC Vorksla Poltava), Kristi Vangjeli (FC Aris Thessaloniki) Ansi Agolli (Qarabağ FK) , Admir Teli (Qarabağ FK), Lorik Cana ( Galatasaray AŞ), Endrit Vrapi (KS Skënderbeu), Debatik Curri (Gençlerbirliği SK)
Midfielders: Ervin Bulku (HNK Hajduk Split), Ervin Skela (no club), Klodian Duro (LASK Linz), Jahmir Hyka (Panionios GSS), Gilman Lika (Diyarbakırspor), Emiljan Vila (KS Dinamo Tirana), Gjergj Muzaka (KS Dinamo Tirana)
Forwards: Erjon Bogdani (AC Cesena), Hamdi Salihi (SK Rapid Wien) , Elis Bakaj (KS Dinamo Tirana), Edmond Kapllani (FC Augsburg), Ahmet Jonuzi (FC Vorksla Poltava)
• Romania's record in 13 games against Albania reads W10 D1 L2 (W5 D1 L1 at home).
• Albania are on a nine-game losing streak against Romania, having last denied their opponents victory in a 1-1 friendly draw in Bucharest on 23 October 1949. Their most recent victory – a 1-0 away win – came in their previous meeting, also in the Romanian capital, on 2 May 1948.
• The nations last crossed paths in UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying. Nicolae Dică and Adrian Mutu scored as Romania won 2-0 on their travels, before the dismissals of Debatik Curri and Nevil Dede prompted a 6-1 success for Romania in the return encounter; Dică (22 and 71pen), Gabriel Tamaş (53), Daniel Niculae (62 and 65) and Ciprian Marica (69pen) grabbed the goals.
• Romania won only one of their 2010 FIFA World Cup home qualifiers, beating the Faroe Islands 3-1, with their other four outings producing two draws and two defeats. Albania's five away fixtures in the same campaign yielded two goalless stalemates and three losses.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.