|Attempts on target||43||27|
|Attempts off target||32||29|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||0|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|B||Republic of Ireland||FYR Macedonia|
Romania will be hoping to get more UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group D points on the board as they take on a Luxembourg side who have yet to score against them in four competitive fixtures.
• Romania's record in four games against Luxembourg reads W4 D0 L0 (W2 D0 L0 at home). In the course of those fixtures they scored 16 goals and conceded none, thus averaging a 4-0 win in each of their meetings.
• Luxembourg can take some comfort in the fact that their results against Romania have improved with every game since their first meeting, a 7-0 home defeat in a UEFA EURO 2004 qualifier on 16 October 2002 in which Cosmin Contra registered a hat-trick.
• They lost the return fixture 4-0 in Ploiesti on 6 September the following year.
• When the teams met again in UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying, Romania won 3-0 at home on 28 March 2007 – four years and a day ahead of their latest meeting – and 2-0 in the return fixture on 17 October the same year.
• The teams have been paired together in the past three UEFA European Championship qualifying campaigns.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.