|Attempts on target||29||47|
|Attempts off target||34||68|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||0|
|D||Romania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
The Faroe Islands lost 5-1 to Slovenia last year but know there is hope as they stage the Group C return after registering their first UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying point last time out.
• On 8 October last year, Tim Matavž scored a hat-trick, his first international goals, against the Faroes in Ljubljana. A Milivoje Novakovič penalty and a strike from substitute Zlatko Dedič made it 5-0 before another replacement, Christian Mouritsen, pulled one back for the visitors three minutes into added time.
• The Faroes have gone seven games without a competitive victory since a 2-1 win against Lithuania in FIFA World Cup qualifying on 9 September 2009. However, they ended a six-game competitive losing streak with a 1-1 draw against Northern Ireland in their last qualifier on 12 October.
• Slovenia are yet to lose on their travels in Group A, securing a win in Estonia and draws away to Serbia and Northern Ireland.
• The Faroe Islands' record in three games against Slovenia reads W0 D1 L2 (W0 D1 L0 at home).
• The nations were pooled together in qualifying for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, meeting for the first time in Toftir on 3 September 2000.
• It looked to be game over for the home side when Milan Osterc added to Sašo Udovič's first-half opener with three minutes to go, but incredibly Uni Arge and Øssur Hansen both scored in added time – the latter burying a great free-kick – to earn an unlikely 2-2 draw.
• Two goals from Nastja Čeh and another from Senad Tiganj then gave Slovenia a 3-0 victory in the return fixture, yet despite that loss the Faroe Islands still enjoyed the most successful campaign in their history, earning seven points thanks to the home draw and two wins against Luxembourg.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.