|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|B||Republic of Ireland||FYR Macedonia|
The two top seeds in Group I meet for the first time in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying with world and European champions Spain three points ahead of the Czech Republic going into their maiden encounter of the century.
• Spain's record in 13 games against Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic reads W5 D1 L7 (W4 D0 L1 at home).
• The sides' only meetings since the break-up of the former Czechoslovakia came in a pair of 1998 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. Spain drew 0-0 in Prague then prevailed 1-0 in the return fixture in Valladolid thanks to a Fernando Hierro goal.
• Spain have won their last nine competitive fixtures since losing 1-0 to Switzerland in their opening game of last summer's World Cup finals.
• Spain have recorded 17 successive qualifying victories since a 1-1 draw against Iceland in UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying on 8 September 2007. They have not lost in 22 qualifiers since going down 2-0 to Sweden on 7 October 2006.
• Three games have passed since the last time a Czech side has beaten Spanish opponents – a 3-2 victory for Czechoslovakia in a UEFA European Championship qualifier in Prague on 14 November 1990.
• Czechoslovakia's only away win against Spain was a 2-1 in a friendly in Malaga on 24 February 1988.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.