|Attempts on target||47||34|
|Attempts off target||54||37|
|Attempts against woodwork||1||0|
|D||Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Russia|
|C||Faroe Islands||Northern Ireland|
|B||Slovakia||Republic of Ireland|
The Czech Republic and Scotland will meet for the second time this year – but this time with plenty at stake – after being drawn together in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group I.
• The Czech Republic and Czechoslovakia's record in 13 games against Scotland reads W7 D0 L6 (W5 D0 L1 at home).
• The Czechs' only home defeat against Scotland dates back to their first meeting in Prague on 15 May 1937, when the visitors secured a 3-1 friendly success.
• The two nations got a good look at each other on 3 March this year in what was Craig Levein's first match as Scotland manager; Scott Brown registered the only goal of the fixture somewhat against the run of play at Hampden Park.
• That victory ended a run of three straight defeats for Scotland against the Czech Republic and represented their first against their rivals since the dissolution of Czechoslovakia.
• Perhaps the most unusual game between Czechoslovakia and Scotland came in qualifying for the 1962 FIFA World Cup. The teams finished level on points at the top of Group 8 and needed a play-off on neutral territory to decide who would advance to the finals in Chile. In the end, the Czechs prevailed 4-2 in extra-time following a 2-2 draw in Brussels.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.