|Attempts on target||19||86|
|Attempts off target||16||59|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||1|
|B||Armenia||Republic of Ireland|
|D||Luxembourg||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Andorra|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||France|
Reigning world and European champions Spain will be hoping for a relatively mild introduction to UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying when they set out to secure a fifth successive victory against Group I minnows Liechtenstein.
Liechtenstein team news
• Liechtenstein coach Hans-Peter Zaugg has omitted seasoned internationals such as Thomas Beck, Christoph Biedermann, Benjamin Fischer and Wolfgang Kieber. Stefan Büchel is out through illness but Peter Jehle, Franz Burgmeier and Ronny Büchel are included along with Under-21 players David Hasler and Benjamin Büchel. "It is good that we have hungry players," said Zaugg.
• Liechtenstein squad
Goalkeepers: Peter Jehle (FC Vaduz), Cengiz Bicer (Mersin Idman Yurdu), Benjamin Büchel (USV Eschen/Mauren)
Defenders: Lucas Eberle (USV Eschen/Mauren), Yves Oehri (FC Vaduz), Martin Rechsteiner (FC Vaduz), Martin Stocklasa (SV Ried), Michael Stocklasa (USV Eschen/Mauren), Franz-Josef Vogt (USV Eschen/Mauren)
Midfielders: Ronny Büchel (USV Eschen/Mauren), Franz Burgmeier (FC Vaduz), Philippe Erne (USV Eschen/Mauren), Rony Hanselmann (FC Balzers), Nicolas Hasler (USV Eschen/Mauren), Michele Polverino (FC Aarau), Marco Ritzberger (FC Vaduz), Sandro Wieser (FC Basel 1893)
Forwards: Fabio D'Elia (USV Eschen/Mauren), Mario Frick (FC St. Gallen), David Hasler (FC Vaduz)
Spain team news
• Fernando Torres, Andrés Iniesta and Pepe Reina are back in the squad, although centre-back Raúl Albiol is missing with an ankle injury while Javi Martínez and Juan Mata have been released to the Under-21 side. Bruno Soriano and Ignacio Monreal, who both featured in the 1-1 friendly draw against Mexico on 11 August, were initially left out, but the latter claimed a place after Carles Puyol withdrew with a thigh problem.
• "We have to pick the best players, but we must look to the future as well as EURO 2012," said coach Vicente Del Bosque. "We must be optimistic and think that most of the players in this squad will be in this championship. I don't want to shut the door on anyone, and every player who hasn't been picked must maintain hope of being selected. Success in the World Cup won't be harmful for the future; on the contrary, as world champions we must do our best every in game. Liechtenstein are not going to make things easy."
• Spain squad
Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid CF), Pepe Reina (Liverpool FC), Víctor Valdés (FC Barcelona)
Defenders: Gerard Piqué (FC Barcelona), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal CF), Carlos Marchena (Villarreal CF), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF), Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid CF), Ignacio Monreal (CA Osasuna)
Midfielders: Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona), Sergio Busquets (FC Barcelona), Cesc Fàbregas (Arsenal FC), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid CF), David Silva (Manchester City FC), Santi Cazorla (Villarreal CF)
Forwards: Jesús Navas (Sevilla FC), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Club), Fernando Torres (Liverpool FC), Pedro Rodríguez (FC Barcelona), David Villa (FC Barcelona)
• Liechtenstein's record in four games against Spain reads W0 D0 L4 (W0 D0 L2 at home).
• Liechtenstein have yet to register a goal against Spain, with the aggregate scoreline over the course of their meetings – qualifiers for the 2002 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2008 – a daunting, but not humiliating, 13-0.
• The home side will approach their fifth fixture against Spain looking to extend a modest record; they have now gone 76 minutes without conceding a goal against their opponents, having kept them at bay in the second half of their most recent meeting, a 2-0 loss in Vaduz.
• That remains the only half of football they have disputed against La Roja without conceding.
• Spain have not lost in 16 UEFA European Championship games since a 3-2 defeat by Northern Ireland in a UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier on 6 September 2006, three days shy of exactly four years before this match kicks off.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.