|Attempts on target||38||26|
|Attempts off target||45||46|
|Attempts against woodwork||1||1|
|D||Belarus||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Slovakia|
|B||Russia||Republic of Ireland|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Belarus|
Fabio Capello's England will hope their 101st meeting with Wales will propel them closer to the finals of UEFA EURO 2012 as the neighbours meet in Group G.
• Frank Lampard put away an early penalty and Darren Bent doubled the lead after 15 minutes as Gary Speed's Wales offered England little resistance in the teams' first Group G encounter on 26 March.
• In their previous 100 games against Wales, England's record is W65 D21 L14 (W33 D9 L8 at home).
• When the nations last squared off in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying, Speed was in the Wales side beaten 2-0 at Old Trafford on 9 October 2004, the goals coming from Lampard and David Beckham. Joe Cole earned the visitors a 1-0 victory in the return fixture in Cardiff on 3 September 2005.
• Wales have lost six and drawn one against England since a 4-1 home international win against their neigbours on 17 May 1980. Mickey Thomas, Ian Walsh and Leighton James all struck after Paul Mariner had put England ahead, with Phil Thompson's late own goal compounding the visitors' misery.
• Wales have drawn two and lost two of their four games in England since a 1-0 win on 31 May 1977. Leighton James' penalty in that game secured Wales their first away success against the English in 17 visits since 1936.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.