|Attempts on target||32||26|
|Attempts off target||42||46|
|Attempts against woodwork||0||1|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Luxembourg|
|B||Andorra||Republic of Ireland|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Armenia|
|D||France||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
Having dismissed coach Lothar Matthäus on 19 September, Bulgaria will look to bring their UEFA EURO 2012 Group G campaign to a dignified conclusion against Wales.
• The former Germany international was released after Bulgaria won just once in seven Group G games under his leadership. He has been replaced on a temporary basis by Under-21 coach Mihail Madanski.
• Bulgaria's record in seven games against Wales reads W4 D1 L2 (W2 D0 L1 at home).
• Matthäus's only competitive Group G win as Bulgaria coach came against Wales on 8 October 2010, with Ivelin Popov scoring the only goal in Cardiff three minutes after half-time.
• Wales have not beaten Bulgaria in four competitive outings since their first encounter in Wrexham on 27 April 1983, when the only goal of Jeremy Charles's international career gave the Dragons a 1-0 UEFA European Championship qualifying win.
• Recent friendly meetings have nonetheless favoured Wales: the sides drew 0-0 in Swansea on 15 August 2006, before Freddy Eastwood scored a superb effort from 20 metres out on his international debut to give John Toshack's men a 1-0 victory in Burgas on 22 August 2007.
• Bulgaria's visit to Cardiff on 14 December 1994 ended with them earning their best result against Wales: Trifon Ivanov, Emil Kostadinov and Hristo Stoitchkov all found the net to secure a 3-0 EURO '96 qualifying win.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.