|Attempts on target||26||38|
|Attempts off target||46||45|
|Attempts against woodwork||1||1|
|D||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Romania|
|B||Republic of Ireland||FYROM|
After replacing John Toshack, Gary Speed will be looking for a dream start to his competitive tenure as Wales manager as neighbours England hove into view in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group G.
• Wales and England will be meeting for the 101st time. In their previous 100 games against England, Wales's record is W15 D21 L64 (W6 D12 L30 at home).
• When the teams last squared off in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying, Speed was in the Wales team beaten 2-0 at Old Trafford on 9 October 2004, the goals coming from Frank Lampard and David Beckham. Joe Cole's goal in Cardiff earned the visitors a 1-0 victory in the return fixture on 3 September 2005.
• Wales have won two of their last four home games against England, albeit losing the other two 1-0. Mark Hughes scored on his senior debut to secure a 1-0 home international success in the most recent of those triumphs in Wrexham on 2 May 1984.
• More impressive was Wales's 4-1 home international win on 17 May 1980. Mickey Thomas, Ian Walsh and Leighton James all struck after Paul Mariner had put England ahead, with Phil Thompson's late own goal compounding the visitors' misery.
• Wales have yet to pick up a point in Group G, while England are second in the section, three points adrift of surprise leaders Montenegro.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.