|D||Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Russia|
|C||Faroe Islands||Northern Ireland|
|B||Slovakia||Republic of Ireland|
The top two seeds in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group H will be resuming what has become an intriguing rivalry of late, with Denmark having beaten Portugal twice in their last three meetings.
• Portugal's record in ten games against Denmark reads W6 D2 L2 (W3 D0 L1 at home).
• The sides last locked horns in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying, when Denmark earned a sensational 3-2 win in Lisbon and a 1-1 draw at home.
• In the first of those matches, Portugal had looked set for victory when a Deco penalty put them 2-1 ahead with four minutes to go, but late goals from Christian Poulsen and Daniel Jensen secured Morten Olsen's men a shock win.
• Portugal's Liédson then marked his international debut in the next fixture with an 86th-minute equaliser to cancel out Nicklas Bendtner's first-half opener.
• With Denmark having also prevailed 4-2 in a 1 September 2006 friendly meeting, they are currently on a three-game unbeaten run against Portugal, whose last win against the Scandinavian nation was a 2-1 friendly success on 29 March 2000.
• The teams first met in Esbjerg on 21 June 1966, when Portugal took the friendly spoils in a 3-1 victory. That proved to be the first of five straight triumphs for Portugal against their upcoming opponents before their winning streak was brought to an end by a 1-1 draw in Sheffield during the EURO '96 group stage.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.