|Attempts on target||27||32|
|Attempts off target||23||26|
|Attempts against woodwork||1||1|
|D||Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|B||Republic of Ireland||Russia|
|C||Faroe Islands||Northern Ireland|
|B||Slovakia||Republic of Ireland|
Cyprus have cause for concern as they prepare to take on Norway in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group H, having scored only once against the Scandinavian team in five meetings.
• Cyprus's record in five games against Norway reads W0 D0 L5 (W0 D0 L3 at home).
• The pattern was set for subsequent encounters when the nations first crossed paths in a 1990 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Limassol on 2 November 1988. Two second-half goals from Gøran Sørloth and a late strike from Kjetil Osvold earned the visitors a 3-0 victory.
• Sørloth scored once more in the return fixture as Norway raced into a 3-0 lead, but Cyprus at least pulled one back before the break as Christos Koliandris's effort ensured the final score ended 3-1.
• Norway were again rampant when the sides were pooled together in 1992 UEFA European Championship qualifying, winning 3-0 in Nicosia and Oslo thanks in part to a Sørloth goal in both fixtures.
• Sørloth's absence might explain why Norway triumphed only 2-0 when the teams met in their most recent contest, a friendly on 8 February 1995.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.