Clubs: MŠK Žilina, FC ViOn Zlaté Moravce (loan), FC Zenit
• Hubočan came up through the youth ranks of home-town club Žilina; made two substitute appearances in the 2004/05 Slovakian league before moving to second-tier Zlaté Moravce on loan the following season.
• Made his breakthrough with Žilina in 2006/07, appearing 26 times as they won the title; also made his international debut for Slovakia midway through the campaign in a friendly against the United Arab Emirates.
• Left Žilina for Zenit in February 2008, replacing Liverpool FC-bound fellow countryman Martin Škrtel in the Russian club's defence.
• Scored an own goal against Real Madrid CF (1-2) on his UEFA Champions League debut and largely remained in reserve at Zenit until the arrival of Luciano Spalletti as coach; became the regular left-back in Zenit's 2010 domestic double-winning season, making 23 league appearances.
• Not selected for Slovakia's 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign but recalled for UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, playing six times but the side failed to make the finals.
• Played every game as Zenit made it to the round of 16 in the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League, and made another five appearances in the competition the following season, though the side failed to make the knockout stage.