This content is streamed in such a way that it is protected and available only in a Flash format. Your device seems not to be compatible with our Flash video player.
The last five places in the UEFA Europa League knockout phase will be decided when the 12 groups end on 6 December, with nine sides still in contention.
Holders Club Atlético de Madrid head a list of 19 teams already through to the round of 32 and only in one section, Group E, do both qualifying spots remain up for grabs. UEFA.com looks at the final-day permutations, to see who could make up the 24.
They will join the eight third-placed UEFA Champions League clubs. FC BATE Borisov, FC Dynamo Kyiv and Olympiacos FC have confirmed their places, and could be followed by European champions Chelsea FC and AFC Ajax, who stage the final of this competition at the Amsterdam ArenA on 15 May.
The permutations below are for information only; official calculations will be made by UEFA after the games finish, according to article 7.05 of the UEFA Europa League regulations.
Qualified: FC Anji Makhachkala, Club Atlético de Madrid, FC Viktoria Plzeň, Fenerbahçe SK*, VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach, FC Girondins de Bordeaux, Newcastle United FC, FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk*, SSC Napoli, KRC Genk, FC Rubin Kazan*, FC Internazionale Milano, Olympique Lyonnais*, AC Sparta Praha, S.S. Lazio, FC Metalist Kharkiv*, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Hannover 96, Levante UD.
Can still qualify: Liverpool FC or BSC Young Boys; FC Steaua Bucureşti or VfB Stuttgart or FC København; FC Basel 1893 or Videoton FC; Tottenham Hotspur FC or Panathinaikos FC.
BSC Young Boys (7pts) v FC Anji Makhachkala (10), Udinese Calcio (4) v Liverpool FC (7)
• Anji are through as even if they are caught by both Liverpool and Young Boys, the Russian side would finish second behind the Reds in a three-way head-to-head.
• Liverpool are second on head-to-head record ahead of Young Boys and will qualify with a win. A draw would also take them through provided Young Boys do not win. Liverpool would be out with a defeat, even if Young Boys lose, as YB would be top of a three-way head-to-head involving the Reds and Udinese.
• Young Boys will be through if they pick up more points than Liverpool. They will also qualify if both they and Liverpool lose as YB will be top of a three-way head-to-head involving the Reds and Udinese.
• Udinese are out.
FC Viktoria Plzeň (10pts) v Club Atlético de Madrid (12), Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (1) v A. Académica de Coimbra (5)
• Atlético are through and need a point to win the group.
• Plzeň are through and will win the group if they beat Atlético.
• Académica and Hapoel are out.
Fenerbahçe SK (13pts) v VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (8), AEL Limassol FC (1) v Olympique de Marseille (5)
• Fenerbahçe have qualified as group winners.
• Mönchengladbach are through as runners-up due to their head-to-head superiority over Marseille.
• Marseille and AEL are out.
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (10pts) v Newcastle United FC (9), CS Marítimo (3) v Club Brugge KV (4)
• Bordeaux are through and will win the group with a victory or a draw.
• Newcastle are through and will win the group if they beat Bordeaux.
• Club Brugge and Marítimo are out.
FC København (7pts) v FC Steaua Bucureşti (10), VfB Stuttgart (8) v Molde FK (3)
• Steaua would be through with a win, draw or if they lose by a one-goal margin other than 1-0 (the score by which they beat FCK at home). Any other defeat and they would need Stuttgart to drop points.
• Stuttgart will be through with a victory or if FCK fail to win.
• FCK would be through if they win 1-0 or by a two-goal margin. If they triumph by a one-goal margin other than 1-0, they need Stuttgart to draw or lose. FCK are out if they draw or lose.
• Molde are out.
FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (12pts) v AIK (4), SSC Napoli (9) v PSV Eindhoven (4)
• Dnipro are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head record over Napoli (away goals).
• Napoli are through as runners-up.
• AIK and PSV are out.
KRC Genk (11pts) v FC Basel 1893 (8), Sporting Clube de Portugal (2) v Videoton FC (6)
• Genk are through and need a point to win the group.
• Basel will be through with a draw due to their superior head-to-head record over Videoton (away goals). They would win the group with a victory due to their superior head-to-head record over Genk. They can even afford to draw or lose provided Videoton do not win.
• Videoton will be through if they win and Basel lose.
• Sporting are out.
FK Partizan (2pts) v FC Rubin Kazan (13), FC Internazionale Milano (10) v Neftçi PFK (2)
• Rubin are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head over Inter.
• Inter are through as runners-up.
• Partizan and Neftçi are out.
Olympique Lyonnais (13pts) v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona FC (2), Athletic Club (4) v AC Sparta Praha (8)
• Lyon are through as group winners.
• Sparta are through as runners-up.
• Athletic and Hapoel are out.
NK Maribor (4pts) v S.S. Lazio (9), Tottenham Hotspur FC (7) v Panathinaikos FC (5)
• Lazio are through and will top the group with a victory or if Tottenham fail to win. If Lazio and Tottenham finish level on points, first place will be decided on overall goal difference, overall goals scored then coefficient.
• Tottenham will be through with a draw or win.
• Panathinaikos will be through with a win.
• Maribor are out.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen (10pts) v Rosenborg BK (6), SK Rapid Wein (0) v FC Metalist Kharkiv (13)
• Metalist are through as group winners due to their superior head-to-head over Leverkusen.
• Leverkusen are through as runners-up.
• Rosenborg and Rapid are out.
Levante UD (10pts) v Hannover 96 (11), FC Twente (4) v Helsingborgs IF (1)
• Hannover are through and need a point to win the group.
• Levante are through and will win the group if they beat Hannover.
• Twente and Helsingborg are out.
Round of 32 draw
The draw will be held in Nyon at 14.00CET on Thursday 20 December, with the group winners and the four UEFA Champions League transferred teams with the best records seeded and drawn against the group runners-up and remaining four transferred teams. No team can play a club they met in the group stage or from their own association. The unseeded teams will be at home in the first legs on 14 February and away a week later. The round of 16, on 7 and 14 March, will also be drawn on 20 December, without restrictions.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.