Clubs: EC Vitória, Consadole Sapporo, Tokyo Verdy, FC Porto
UEFA Europa League: winner 2011
• After a tentative start to his career with Brazil's Vitória, Givanildo Vieira de Souza left for Japan in his late teens and became a prolific goalscorer in the J2 League for Consadole in 2006 (25 goals) and top marksman, with 37 for Verdy, in 2007, earning the club promotion to the J-League.
• Left Verdy midway through the 2008 season (with seven goals in 11 games) for Porto, where he proved a revelation in his debut campaign, playing in all ten UEFA Champions League games and winning the domestic double.
• Opened his UEFA Champions League account with a match-winning double at home to APOEL FC (2-1) in the 2009/10 group stage as Porto reached the last 16.
• Made his debut for Brazil as a substitute in a November 2009 friendly against England (1-0) in Qatar.
• Started the 2010/11 season in prolific fashion − scoring 16 times in his first 17 matches in all competitions − and was ever-present (group stage to final, five goals) in Porto's UEFA Europa League triumph.