Rosenborg BK and SK Rapid Wien are playing for pride on matchday five, with the Austrian side having the chance to avenge a 2-1 defeat as they return to Trondheim in Group K.
• Away defeats on matchday four ended both sides' hopes of reaching the round of 32, but Rosenborg can avoid finishing bottom of the section if they do not lose against Rapid.
• Rosenborg won 2-1 in Vienna when the sides met on matchday one. Goals from Tarik Elyounoussi and captain Mikael Dorsin either side of half-time gave the visitors a commanding lead in Austria, before Markus Katzer pulled a goal back and Deni Alar had a spot-kick saved inside six second-half minutes.
• The teams first met 44 years previously, when Rudolf Vytlačil's Rapid eliminated Knut Næss's Rosenborg in the first round of the 1968/69 European Champion Clubs' Cup.
• The teams for their first meeting in Norway, a 3-1 win for Rapid on 18 September 1968, were:
Rosenborg: Fossen, Eggen, Hvidsand, Loraas, Rønnes, Christiansen, Næss, Pedersen, Iversen, Sunde, Tingstad.
Rapid: Fuchsbichler, Gebhardt, Glechner, Fak, Skocik, Flögel (Lindman 64), Fritsch, Bjerregaard, Grausam, Kaltenbrunner, Søndergaard.
• The teams were the same for the return fixture in Vienna, a 3-3 draw on 2 October 1968, save for Sven Lindman replacing Rudolf Flögel in the Rapid starting lineup. Odd Iversen scored a hat-trick for Rosenborg.
• Nils Arne Eggen appeared in Rosenborg's defence in both legs; he went on to become the club's coach as they dominated Norwegian football in the 1990s and early 2000s.
• Rapid's only previous games against Norwegian opponents were those meetings with Rosenborg.
• Rosenborg have also played Rapid's neighbours FK Austria Wien, with Eggen's side beating them 3-1 at home in the first round of the 1993/94 UEFA Champions League before losing 4-1 in the return fixture in Vienna. Thus Rosenborg's record against Austrian sides reads W2 D1 L2 (W1 D0 L1 at home – W1 D1 L1 in Austria).
• Rosenborg have won only one of their last five European home games, and have lost both of their home fixtures in Group K.
• Rapid have lost both of their Group K away games without scoring. They are on a five-game losing streak on their travels in Europe.
• Rapid are within three goals of scoring their 350th in UEFA club competition; this will be their 228th UEFA game.
• Rapid have the worst overall record in the competition. They are the only side yet to pick up a point, and have scored just one goal and conceded 11 – more than any other side in the group stage.
• Rosenborg and FC Twente are the only sides who have battled their way to the group stage all the way from the first qualifying round.
• Rosenborg coach Jan Jönsson was a midfielder at Halmstads BK in his native Sweden from 1978-92, before moving to Japan, where he served as a player and assistant coach under Stuart Baxter at Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Vissel Kobe. He took command at Rosenborg in 2011 following fruitful spells with Landskrona BoIS (2001-04) and Stabæk Fotball (2005-10).
• Rapid coach Peter Schöttel served the club as a defender from 1986-2002, winning three titles and two Austrian Cups as well as earning a place in the club's Team of the Century in 1999. After retiring, the one-time team captain coached the club's amateur team and then managed SC Wiener Neustadt before returning to take charge of Rapid in 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.