|Attempts on target||25||39|
|Attempts off target||22||28|
FC Lokomotiv Moskva will look to end a run of three straight 1-0 home defeats against Spanish opposition as Club Atlético de Madrid visit the Russian capital in Group B.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• Lokomotiv have played eleven games against Spanish sides in Europe, winning once, drawing twice and losing eight times. Their six home games against Primera División opposition have ended in a win, a draw and four defeats. They have lost their last three home games against Spanish sides by the same score – 1-0.
• Atlético's only previous fixture against Russian opposition came in the 1972/73 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. They lost 4-3 at home against SK Spartak Moskva but won 2-1 in the then Soviet capital. Spartak won the tie on away goals.
• Lokomotiv coach Anatoli Byshovets twice led USSR sides in friendly games against Spain, drawing 1-1 at home and losing 1-0 away. He also played in a 1972 UEFA European Championship qualifier between the two nations which ended in a 0-0 draw.
• Lokomotiv forward Dmitri Sychev celebrates his 24th birthday the day after the game against Atlético.
• Lokomotiv's veteran Belarussian defender Sergei Gurenko can boast some experience of Spanish football having played eleven games for Real Zaragoza in the 2000/01 season while on loan from AS Roma.
• Atlético's Giourkas Seitaridis and Maniche will be even more knowledgeable about Russian football having played together for FC Dinamo Moskva prior to moving to Spain.
• The last team to beat Lokomotiv at home in European competition were Spanish side Sevilla FC, who triumphed in the Russian capital in the round of 32 on the way to winning the 2005/06 UEFA Cup.
• Atlético have won both of their away games in the UEFA Cup this season, beating FK Vojvodina 2-1 and triumphing 5-0 at Kayseri Erciyesspor.
• Panathinaikos FC are at home against Aberdeen FC in the day's other Group B game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.