|Attempts on target||53||51|
|Attempts off target||45||58|
Tottenham Hotspur FC have reason to be wary of their Madrid-based opponents as Getafe CF prepare to make their UEFA Cup group stage debut at White Hart Lane.
• The two sides have never met in European competition.
• Tottenham have played against Spanish opposition in seven UEFA club competition games, winning once, drawing three times and losing three times. That lone victory came in the final of the 1962/63 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup when they trounced Club Atlético de Madrid 5-1 at the De Kuip Stadium in Rotterdam.
• They have yet to win a game against a Spanish side at White Hart Lane, having drawn two and lost one of their previous home fixtures. That defeat came in the 1984/85 UEFA Cup quarter-finals against Getafe's neighbours, Real Madrid CF.
• Tottenham last lost a home game in Europe in 1995 as they were undone 2-1 by Östers IF in the UEFA Intertoto Cup. That game, as well as the preceding 2-0 home defeat against FC Luzern, was played in Brighton. Spurs lost their only European home game at White Hart Lane in the aforementioned UEFA Cup quarter-final against Madrid.
• Getafe have never played against English opponents before – hardly surprising as this is only their third game in European competition.
• Two Getafe players have experience of playing English football. Romanian right-back Cosmin Contra played five games on loan at West Bromwich Albion FC in the 2004/05 season, while Kepa Blanco was on loan at West Ham United FC last season, scoring once in eight games. He was a late substitute for West Ham as they lost 4-3 at home against Tottenham on 4 March.
• A 2-1 defeat in Spain and a 2-2 draw at home against Sevilla FC in last season's UEFA Cup quarter-finals represent Tottenham manager Martin Jol's experience of Spanish opposition as a coach or a player.
• Getafe coach Michael Laudrup's main experience of English opposition came as a player for Denmark. He played in two 1984 UEFA European Championship qualifiers and four friendly games against England, winning one, drawing two and losing three.
• His only win in four trips to London came as Denmark won 1-0 at Wembley in a 1983 qualifier.
• In his only meeting with an English club side, he played for another Spanish team, FC Barcelona, against Manchester United FC in the final of the 1990/91 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup but ended up on the losing side in a 2-1 defeat.
• Getafe's only European away game to date ended in a 3-2 defeat at FC Twente, for whom Tottenham coach Jol was once a player.
• RSC Anderlecht are at home against Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC in the day's other Group G game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.