|Attempts on target||28||28|
|Attempts off target||17||20|
Galatasaray AS can avenge a UEFA Champions League defeat from last season as they travel to FC Girondins de Bordeaux in their UEFA Cup Group H opener.
• The two sides met in last season's UEFA Champions League group stage, drawing 0-0 in Istanbul before the French side won 3-1 at home. Alejandro César Alonso, Lilian Laslandes and Julien Faubert scored for Bordeaux, with Junichi Inamoto hitting Galatasaray's consolation goal.
• Alonso is the only goalscorer from that night who is still with his club. Laslandes is now at OGC Nice, Faubert moved to West Ham United FC while Inamoto is now representing Eintracht Frankfurt.
• Bordeaux defender Franck Jurietti and Galatasaray forward Shabani Nonda were team-mates at AS Monaco FC between 2000 and 2003. They played together in a 4-2 UEFA Champions League group stage win against Galatasaray in October 2000, with Nonda scoring Monaco's fourth goal.
• Galatasaray striker Hakan Şükür also briefly played alongside Bordeaux midfielder Johan Micoud at Parma FC in the 2001/02 season, with the former out on loan from FC Internazionale Milano.
• Bordeaux's four games against Turkish opposition to date have ended in a win, two draws and a defeat. At home, they have won one game and lost one.
• In 14 games against French opposition, Galatasaray have won five, drawn three and lost six. Their seven games in France have ended in two wins and five defeats.
• Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc has only faced Turkish opposition once, scoring one of his 16 goals for France in a 4-0 friendly win against Turkey in October 1996. Galatasaray's Hakan Şükür was on the losing side that day.
• A Bordeaux victory against Galatasaray would be their 50th in 93 UEFA Cup appearances.
• Helsingborgs IF are at home against Panionios GSS in the day's other Group H game.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.